Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here need some upgrades i think
well atm i can play most new games at high specs ok but when tryin to run dark cloud 1 i get around 35-40 FPS and on dark cloud 2 i get 25-30 during fights

Specs are
Intel Pentium Duel CPU E2180 @ 2.00 GHz
3 gig ram
Geforce 9800gt BFG

no idea what mother board it is cant find box and it just says name unknown when using a program

any thing else u need to know before u can give feed back plz

Sponsored links

the problem is in your cpu, its very week for pcsx2, you can probably play only a few games at full speed.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
well your bottleneck there is your cpu,you should try overclocking it to somewhere arround 2.6 - 3.0 if you can and that will improve your speed nicely.Your gpu is allright
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(06-24-2010, 09:53 PM)diegochiha Wrote: well your bottleneck there is your cpu,you should try overclocking it to somewhere arround 2.6 - 3.0 if you can and that will improve your speed nicely.Your gpu is allright

do u have a guide for over clocking my pc? bit of a noob at messing with the hardware
then better dont mess with that or you maybe end with a fried cpu. you can search google for overclocking cpu
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
What did you use? CPU-Z? If it's not reporting the motherboard make/model, then just open up your case to see if it might be printed somewhere on the motherboard.
think i just killed the cpu hahaha when i boot pc i just get beeping from the towerSad what chip should i get now then which will let me run most games at 60fps
typing on the wii is sooooooo slow hahaha
http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Shoppi...ChangeItem
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820211450

Get those for ~$250. It will give you that 60FPS you want...

Edit: Consider getting a different mobo since it appears to suck, but i3 is quite a potent processor especially after you overclock.
Again, what motherboard do you have? Hard to recommend a CPU if we don't even know if your motherboard will support it. There are some LGA-775 chipsets that don't support 45nm or processors with 1333MHz FSB. You should confirm what motherboard model you have first otherwise, we might suggest something that won't work on your board. Besides, it's still a possibility that it's your motherboard that's broken and not your CPU. You wouldn't really know until you test. If you don't have spare parts, perhaps you can ask a friend to test your MB/CPU or bring it to a local computer repair shop to diagnose.

I agree with the Core i3 recommendation. It's a darned fast dual-core and the i3-530 is (very) slightly faster in PCSX2 than the i7-920 when both are at stock. It'll run you about $170~200 for motherboard and CPU. Much less if you're lucky enough to catch a Fry's deal. Add another $50 per stick of 2GB DDR3 1333/1600 if your old build still has DDR2.
so finally got pc sorted just got a new MB and 2 gig of ram

my MB is a ASRock G31M-S R2.0 intel G31 + ICH7 Chipsets all i could afford atm sadly.

it was an OC tuner program that comes with it is it safe to use ??