New on pcsx 2
I want to know the best graphics settings for pcsx2 0.9.7 because the game looks so ugly and i want the textures like xbox 360 or ps3 Wink
Is there anyway to get textures like that ?
And haa my pc specs are :
Amd phenom x3 8750 2.4 ghz
6 GB ram
GTX 550 ti
500 GB HDD
HP DC5850

Sponsored links

hi there,

go in to the Config menu, then gs, then plugin settings. Make sure you choose one of the "hardware" modes, newer the directx you can choose, the better. Make sure "Native" is unticked, then in the Custom Size box, type your resolution in (1680x1050 for example)

that should do the trick Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-25-2011, 10:51 PM)refraction Wrote: hi there,

go in to the Config menu, then gs, then plugin settings. Make sure you choose one of the "hardware" modes, newer the directx you can choose, the better. Make sure "Native" is unticked, then in the Custom Size box, type your resolution in (1680x1050 for example)

that should do the trick Smile
I do as you said but i only got resolution difference still there are ugly shadows with ugly crowd nothings like ps3 and xbox 360
No, you can't improve the textures. You can however improve the resolution and aliasing as ref said above but as far as textures go only modding the games themselves would make it happen and since the PS2 couldn't do that much as textures go I doubt many people worked on that.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
So the game can only looks as ugly as it is ?
No way to improve textures ?
And what about fps the , fps is fine when am selecting stars and entrance of stars but when refree rings the bell fps is go down to about 30 :/
(08-26-2011, 06:16 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You can however improve the resolution and aliasing

Yum; aliasing.

But yeah; you have to remember that the PS2 was developed in 1999, and while it looks amazing for having been developed in that time, it's not a miracle machine.

As said before, you can increase your custom resolution - you could also apply better texture filtering by checking the texture filtering option to a "checkmark" - don't think that was mentioned.

If you get one of the newer builds from here, you could also apply FXAA, a post-processing filter, which smooths the game - that can be applied by pressing PgUp.

Just remember - you can't make Majora's Mask look like it was developed for the PS3.

Edit: What game are you talking about? What do the EE/GS% at the top of the window say when you get slowdowns?

Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Am talking about Smack down vs Raw 2011
Hrm - okay, I'm going to play the guessing game here.

My guess is what you're talking about when you're getting 60 FPS is when you are choosing who to fight in the menus; but when the match starts you drop to about 30 FPS.

This is probably because your CPU is your bottleneck because it is now doing calculations for the wrestlers you are fighting (you could confirm this by telling us what your EE/GS% numbers are when you get slowdowns...)

You could try going into "Config>Emulation Settings>Speedhacks" and enabling as many as you can without breaking the game (although I would not recommend using high levels of the VU Cycle Stealing hack) - you could also try using newer builds of PCSX2 (r4866 and above - found here), which includes a MTVU (multi-threaded VU) which can give you an extra boost of speed since you are using more than 2 cores.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
my pc is much better for that games , you can watch my gameplays here http://www.youtube.com/user/Jan3sable
and am getting 75-100 % EE/ 25-45 % GS
Are you saying that your PC can run much better PC games? That can't be compared to emulation - those games are optimized for the PC, but when you trying to play games made for a completely different machine, things get hairy.

It's definitely your CPU which is bottlenecked. As I said before, try enabling some speedhacks and see if you can get up to 60 FPS (assuming the game you are running is NTSC-U or NTSC-J).

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...