Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New pc. Some helpp
Hey,
im trying to build my first gaming pc and i need some suggestion.

I am thinking about :

Gigabyte Z68P-DS3 DDR3 Motherboard Socket 1155
Core i5 2500k @ 3.3 ghz (sandy bridge)
Sapphire Hd radeon 6950 2gb (consumes about 450w)
8 gb ram
775 watts PSu (not sure if its enough)

Can you help me out Pls?

Sponsored links

Good PC. Smile
But its better to have Nvidia Graphics Card although ATI is very good. Can you upgrade the card a bit more. Smile
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
I prefer to stay with Ati cause when i wont be able to play games to the max i want to do a Crossfire.
I found that 450-500 watts is minimum wattage, ant the cpu takes about 130w.
I want to be sure i have enough watts.

Tks
Nvidias have SLI same as crossfire. But it depends on you. If you prefer ATI then good, stay with ATI. Its a good Card. Smile

Yes the Watts should be fine. Smile
I know but sli support mobo costs more and im limited in budget. So i will buy a 110 euro mobo, being able for a crossfie. Smile
(The money i spared for the mobo, i ll spend them on a the Ati card Tongue2)
Anyways Good Luck Smile

Also, your CPU is highly overclockable. You can easily overclock it to 4 GHz easily in Air. and even 5Ghz.

Graphics Card is very good. Can play many games at 2x/4x Anti-Aliasing.

So you are going to have a good gaming PC. If you are going to overclock thats better though stock would be fine.

Anyways what games are you trying to play. Some games may require additional settings/speedhacks. but you will manage to handle.

Some tips before hand:
  • Always change the power plan to High Performance
  • Changing the Clamp/ Round modes sometimes help on very or ultra demanding game.
i ll play games like cod mw3 ,bf3, SkyrimV, Mafia 2 ...
@heavy2195 :

are you crazy ( no offense ) but no 6950 ON THE PLANET WOULD CONSUME 450w by him self !!!! not even 300W

@recoder :

don't recommend people to go to nividia directly where are not in 2008 where GSDX have compatibility problems with ATI architecture now it all work the same Smile
GSDX is memory bandwidth eater the 6950 have 132GB/s while 560TI have 125GB/s noticeable difference you can see it as 5 FPS at the harsh benchmarks ( pretty big at that res )
at the same price range he can buy 560TI which is much weaker than 6950 so a bad idea

not to mention how complex to do an SLI unlike Crossfire ( nvidia's weakness ) not to mention native mobo support ( nf200 chip )

I didn't force him Tongue2 I myself use ATI and its working quite good.
i found that spec of 500w on a store which i want to buy it from