New pcsx2 - is it faster?
Hi folks. In September 2010 (v 0.9.6), Ive tried to play FFX with pcsx2. However, although my PC has 6 x 2,8 Ghz cores, 8 GB ram and a 1 GB graphic card (which would propably allow me to run this game 20 times simultaneously, if it were made for PC), it were running always unstable and finally kept endlessly rushing in the desert town in one particular cutscene.

Everytime it crushed it just became slower and slower and finally shutted down.

Now my question - does it make any sense to try a new version of pcsx2 out? I was really outraged by not beeing able to finish the game, as i halfway through. Would be also nice to play FFIIX or even FFIIIX, if there is an emu for PS3 aswell.

The another thing i just cant understand is, why those games are running with stable 60 fps on less powerful PCs, but no on mine.

However, im pretty frustrated and it would be great if either the new pcsx2 is better, or any of you would have an idea, how to make the game run.

Sponsored links

specs?
The game was very playable back at 9.6(even 9.4 could play it, I played through on this version). You probably had a bad configuration if you had speed problems because it is very easy on the pc(pcsx2 wise). So yes it would make a lot of sense to try it again, FFXII is also very playable albeit a little more demanding, but not much. And no, there is no ps3 emulator and you might see flying cars before you see one of those.
(06-03-2011, 04:46 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: specs?

Umm...

(06-03-2011, 04:43 AM)Kasseopea Wrote: my PC has 6 x 2,8 Ghz cores, 8 GB ram and a 1 GB graphic card

More than enough to know it should run FFX.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
kindly stop posting if you're going to be part of the problem.

op, Specs.

its a requirement for getting any help.
GTX 560ti 1gb or 8400GS 1GB card would make a difference... also Phenom I x4 2.8Ghz is not that powerful either... we don't know what's the case here yet without knowing the PC specs.

Please post the full names of the CPU and graphics card.
Did you try with the latest PCSX2 release yet? have the same problems? What settings were you using before?

(06-03-2011, 04:43 AM)Kasseopea Wrote: The another thing i just cant understand is, why those games are running with stable 60 fps on less powerful PCs, but no on mine.

We don't know, we don't have enough info to go on.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
He stated 6 cores, which would make it a phenom II. And at 2.8 it should be more than enough for FFX, a 8400Gs would be too(even though resolution might not be great). So I say again enough to know it would run FFX,

(06-03-2011, 04:54 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: kindly stop posting if you're going to be part of the problem.

How exactly am I part of the problem?
You asked for specs, you got specs. They might not be the most detailed one but based on the information, he has a phenom II 1055T,8gb ram, and a gpu with 1Gb vram(this is the less detailed but I dont think there is a card today with 1gb that would not run FFX).
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(06-03-2011, 04:59 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: He stated 6 cores, which would make it a phenom II. And at 2.8 it should be more than enough for FFX, a 8400Gs would be too(even though resolution might not be great). So I say again enough to know it would run FFX,

How exactly am I part of the problem?
You asked for specs, you got specs. They might not be the most detailed one but based on the information, he has a phenom II 1055T,8gb ram, and a gpu with 1Gb vram(this is the less detailed but I dont think there is a card today with 1gb that would not run FFX).
i think there is possible
e.g.:
9500gt at 1gb vram but gddr2

(06-03-2011, 04:43 AM)Kasseopea Wrote: if there is an emu for PS3 aswell.
this is a pcsx2 forums NOT a ps3 emulator
this a mixed-off-topic i think better close this thread.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(06-03-2011, 05:39 AM)tallbender Wrote: i think there is possible
e.g.:
9500gt at 1gb vram but gddr2

Of course there's a possibility. Even some very powerful cards are "1GB". Even an IGP can alloocate more than than, so stating an amount of V-RAM can be extremely vague. If it's 1GB dedicated, that's just a good sign. Nothing more.

If you're gonna go by one thing: Go by bandwidth.

(06-03-2011, 05:39 AM)tallbender Wrote: this is a pcsx2 forums NOT a ps3 emulator
this a mixed-off-topic i think better close this thread.

Just a seriously hopefull comment. Yet a very hopeless idea for a long time. Let's not bother talking about that here.
XD sorry for not answering, im in an another time zone, so i was sleeping^^

And i only asked about PS3-emu, Y u mad?

Ok, do you need a DxDiag or simply specs? I also could make a screenie of any setting-window you ask me for, i just dont know what is important, otherwise i could fix it on my own^^

My specs:

Acer Aspire m7300
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor 2,8 Ghz
8 GB RAM
64 bit - system

Graphic Card: ATI radeon HD 5850.

Ok, if those were the settings (although i tried about 3 days to get it working), could any of you possibly tell me the right ones?

I love FFX and i guess i gonna buy PS3 to play the last part, but i would like to finish this playthrough, this would mean i have to get it working again.

Btw, believe it or not, FFIIX ran faster, no idea why or how, although not at a stable frame rate and enslowed audio
FFX should work full speed with the default settings and plugins of the 0.9.8 release.
[Image: newsig.jpg]