New plugins requests DirectX
Your check seems to be faulty then... since it complains about not having the newest DX... but I do have Wink

Sponsored links

ok, now.

Do you have d3dx9_40.dll and d3dx10_40.dll in windows/system32? if yes, then you have the latest directx
If no, then you do not.
well it doesn't do a check, it just tries to load the latest directx and if it fails (just because of not having the latest dx files) then it will show that message. Smile that's how it works.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
It's 39 as it should be. Latest update did not yield 40 as you suggest. I can try again but 39 is the latest I get from the update.

EDIT: And linking to a "specific" file IS checking. You should NOT do this. DirectX is a beast ( and the API crap but that's another story ). Only check to see if an interface exists. Never hard-link against a specific version as this is going to back-fire on your for sure. There's a reason interfaces ( COM to be precise ) does exist in the first place.
(03-14-2009, 03:00 AM)Dragonlord Wrote: It's 39 as it should be. Latest update did not yield 40 as you suggest. I can try again but 39 is the latest I get from the update.

EDIT: And linking to a "specific" file IS checking. You should NOT do this. DirectX is a beast ( and the API crap but that's another story ). Only check to see if an interface exists. Never hard-link against a specific version as this is going to back-fire on your for sure. There's a reason interfaces ( COM to be precise ) does exist in the first place.

Ok, just because I love my forum, I deleted all my dx files in windows/system32 and reupdated. Guess what, it KEPT installing d3dx9_40.dll.

So I do not know what you're doing wrong, but you're not updating properly. Read here again for links to proper updates.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4263.html

And about the linking, go and complain to the plugin authors, I'm just trying to help you get the whole thing running....
(03-14-2009, 03:00 AM)Dragonlord Wrote: It's 39 as it should be. Latest update did not yield 40 as you suggest. I can try again but 39 is the latest I get from the update.

No - you are completely wrong. You CANNOT link to d3dx9.lib without requiring a specific version of the .dll - it works this way for a reason: lots of changes are made to D3DX throughout the lifetime of a version of DX - versioning the .dlls means that updates and changes can be made without breaking older apps.

Before DX9 none of the .dlls were versioned which caused various compatiblity problems and painted DX into various corners where they could not make certain changes.

If you run the DX web installer (which I'm guessing you can't do because you don't have a legitimate copy of windows) then it will install all versions of d3dx9.dll to date.
(03-14-2009, 03:00 AM)Dragonlord Wrote: EDIT: And linking to a "specific" file IS checking. You should NOT do this. DirectX is a beast ( and the API crap but that's another story ). Only check to see if an interface exists. Never hard-link against a specific version as this is going to back-fire on your for sure. There's a reason interfaces ( COM to be precise ) does exist in the first place.
no, when you link (or compile) a directx project you don't link to the dll files (unless you call the LoadLibrary function specifying the d3dx9_40.dll file).

(03-14-2009, 01:16 PM)pSXAuthor Wrote: it works this way for a reason: lots of changes are made to D3DX throughout the lifetime of a version of DX - versioning the .dlls means that updates and changes can be made without breaking older apps.

Before DX9 none of the .dlls were versioned which caused various compatiblity problems and painted DX into various corners where they could not make certain changes.
i always wondered why they made different d3dx9 dlls (now i know Tongue) (and probably that is why they take 4 months in between, just to not create so many d3dx9 files Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit

use dxwebinstaller form microsoft. it needs validation of your copy of windows, i hope that you use orginal windows, if no...... google is your best friend Laugh
Okay, this doesn't work. DirectX fumbles up ( nothing new, some version simply don't work ). Any way you can take out the checks? I can't use the newest version as it locks up the machine.
what checks? Blink (of money? Laugh)
Windows 7 64bit