New speed hack - VU Cycle Stealing
(04-16-2009, 01:04 AM)With Teeth Wrote: As may of you may know, there is a new speedhack on rev984 called VU Cycle Stealing; if you didn't, well, now you do. Has anyone who tried out the hack got any positive results? I've tested on numerous games and all of them have experienced a worse FPS than with the hack off. Am I just doing it wrong, or is this a useless speedhack? Post your results with the new hack, if you have any.

Wher did you get this rev984?

Sponsored links

Huge speed boost on Shadow of the colossus, with almost no graphic errors at top setting. Wow. Amazing hack
AMD Athlon X2 4800+ (2.9 Ghz OC)
2 Gigs DDR2 800 PC2100
ATI Radeon X1600
Asus AM2 M2A-VM
Western Digital 250gb IDE
(04-16-2009, 12:32 PM)ferrarinews Wrote: Wher did you get this rev984?

As others have said in this thread, you have to compile it yourself from SVN. If the revision you desire is older than the one in this thread, you must compile it yourself.
Compile Guide

Late Edit:
Tested this new hack with Zone of the Enders NTSC. Prior to this hack, i got around 25-40FPS during combat and exploring, With the hack, i get 60FPS for a little while until the video finally freezes. It might only last 10-15 seconds, but those 10-15 seconds are sexy. Tongue Definately an amazing hack that if improved may be a huge step in making more games run at full frames on a wide range of hardware.
Has anyone tried this with Star Ocean 3? If so, what's the performance like? Smile
Much like with the sync hacks you cannot trust the fps meter.
Tools like fraps or gsdx itself only measure frame updates per second (vsyncs).
These updates are directly tied to our emulation however, and slight timing bugs will cause irregular frame updates.
Now, if you add cycle modifying hacks to the mix, thats like adding huge timing bugs.

Thats why some games say they run at 200+fps, but they feel like running in slow motion.

And also: This hack is named cycle "stealing" for a reason. It makes the EE cry Tongue2
So it's best to use that hack without Cylce Rates hacks or if possible only with 1.5x (best results I've had yet).

Try it without speedhacks, and the slowmo is kinda gone tho.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Wow, I can't believe I did that. What a stupid mistake. I really should think next time.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
In some games this hack will crash game sometime.

TOA or.... etc.

TOA I turn on this hack and in game story mode it's will crash pcsx2.
Intel Core i7 980X oc 4.2Ghz (200*21)
MSI N470GTX TwinFrozr II GoldenEdition oc Core 900 Mem 4200 Shader 1800
GSkill DDR3-2000 6-9-6-24 2G*6
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
New Hack is amazing but it better works on Slight and Moderate values *even they give th huge boost* Large and Very Large can speed up game but it can look slower like Tekken5 on X3 hack and can crash games
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja
ZEROx, check your PM if you want to help Wink
btw. i will edit this as soon as i test new speedhack