New speed hack - VU Cycle Stealing
As may of you may know, there is a new speedhack on rev984 called VU Cycle Stealing; if you didn't, well, now you do. Has anyone who tried out the hack got any positive results? I've tested on numerous games and all of them have experienced a worse FPS than with the hack off. Am I just doing it wrong, or is this a useless speedhack? Post your results with the new hack, if you have any.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\

Sponsored links

This new speed hack increase very much fps,GOW2 is stable in 60fps all the time,but need some fix because Kratos is flickering.I dont test in other games.But is great this power of this speedhack.
I tested with Xenosaga, God of War and Shadow of the Colossus.
Xenosaga: it breaks the game graphics
God of War: full speed as chacalfe said

and Shadow of the Colossus: I was amazed when I saw SotC running at fullspeed, sometimes at 100fps or more, on my poor [email protected]. This hack is simply amazing. But don't abuse it or else it will break your games like no other hack has ever did.

Sorry for my bad english.
Xenosaga didn't break with me on medium setting which said it work with most games but while it sped up the voices in the in game scenes they got way off sync with the video which continue to run at a decently slow pace.
Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone throw me a link to rev984? I tried the sticky in this forum but I only see rev976 and that doesn't have any VU Cycle Stealing speed hack. Unless the link in the sticky is no rev, in which case I'm terribly confused Wacko
(04-16-2009, 03:51 AM)dralor Wrote: Xenosaga didn't break with me on medium setting which said it work with most games but while it sped up the voices in the in game scenes they got way off sync with the video which continue to run at a decently slow pace.

That's exactly why I said that it breaks the game Tongue I just didnt' give the details. Sorry ^^

Sorry for my bad english.
(04-16-2009, 04:05 AM)RRTWo Wrote: Forgive my ignorance, but can anyone throw me a link to rev984? I tried the sticky in this forum but I only see rev976 and that doesn't have any VU Cycle Stealing speed hack. Unless the link in the sticky is no rev, in which case I'm terribly confused Wacko
you have to compile it yourself Smile
Compile Guide
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
I followed that guide, and the resulting .exe crashes when i load saves.
It's simply awesome. I can get the few fps that I needed for a fullspeed game like DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3. And for other games I get much better on my Dual Core 2.6 GHz without overclocking.
M33 User's PC

Model Number: HP a6547c [The Gayest BIOS]
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6 GHz (Overclocked To 2.9 GHZ)
Memory: 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
Video: Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT
Operating System: Windows 7-64bit [Awesome]/Windows Vista-64bit
Dang, gonna have to wait for another SVN release....I tried compiling a few times and, well, it compiled alright, but not the way I wanted it to. Oh, well; I can wait.