New to PCSX2, Need help playing a game!
Well I just started using my PCSX2 emulator and I'm having trouble trying to run Dot Hack G.U. I'm still fairly new to this emulator since my friend was the one who installed it all for me. So if anyone here can help me with thses issues. The Framerate is suffering heavily during gameplay and I was wondering if it my laptop, or my emulator. Please assist me in this matter.

Sponsored links

(08-22-2013, 07:29 AM)DotHackUser Wrote: The Framerate is suffering heavily during gameplay and I was wondering if it my laptop, or my emulator. Please assist me in this matter.

Without your system specs it's hard to be sure... but yeah it's probably your laptop. While not the most demanding games, the //GU series is definitely in the harder-than-average category to keep going at full speed.

If you want a more definite answer, I'd need your PC specs (CPU/GPU/windows version)
[Image: 2748844.png]
Well honestly I've had this computer for awhile, so where do you think I could find that information onmy laptop? Also would it be able to work with the original Dot hack series?
I couldn't tell you till I know the specs of your laptop. The original .hack series is known to be easier on systems. The fact that you say you've had the laptop for awhile also doesn't bode well.

The easiest way to find your specs is probably just by searching for dxdiag on your PC. The front page will have a listing for your CPU, it's speed, and your graphics chip.
System model : RV520
Prcossor : Intel® Core™ i3-2310m CPU @ 2.10GHz (4CPU) ~2.1GHz

Chip : HD Graphics Family
(08-22-2013, 07:54 AM)DotHackUser Wrote: OS : Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
System model : RV520
Prcossor : Intel® Core™ i3-2310m CPU @ 2.10GHz (4CPU) ~2.1GHz

Chip : HD Graphics Family

Basic i3, it's not terrible, but it is underpowered for the .hack//gu series. Was expecting a lot worse Wink

It should be good enough for the original .hack//quadrillogy but based on the graphics you'll have to run it with native resolution (same as a real PS2).

You may be able to get a bit more playable results from the //gu series if you turn on some of the speed hacks. The recommended ones should all be fine, you can also turn the EE and VU sliders to 1 or 2 without too much issue. You'll just never quite get it going at full speed.
Thanks Laugh I'm glad someone was able to help me with this endeavor, since after I got them I was about to cry! Im a huge Disgaea and Dot Hack fan and to see that I cant play the GU was saddening. But I can get just the actual games for that series, also one more thing for a noob like me. Where can I find cheats/hacks for Disgaea? If that doesnt break the rules or regulations?