New to PCSX2, video clips not playing during game
Hi,all. I'm new to the forum, and I have just started to run this fantastic emulator. I am having a problem that I'm hoping somebody can help me solve. I inserted my PS2 disc "Fantavision" into my DVD drive, after setting the config following the guide. I have a fast computer, so it plays the game really well, and I was thrilled to see this running on my PC. However, right at the beginning of the game, before the menu even comes up, a short video plays. During this time, the screen is black, and I can only hear the sound, kind of skippy, with no picture. Once I hit my controller button and skip the video, the menu comes up and I can play the game fine. But the intro video just won't play. Any idea why? I was just hoping that this had an easy answer, if any of you have ever experienced this sort of thing with other games.

Sponsored links

(04-19-2009, 07:58 AM)gwent Wrote: Hi,all. I'm new to the forum, and I have just started to run this fantastic emulator. I am having a problem that I'm hoping somebody can help me solve. I inserted my PS2 disc "Fantavision" into my DVD drive, after setting the config following the guide. I have a fast computer, so it plays the game really well, and I was thrilled to see this running on my PC. However, right at the beginning of the game, before the menu even comes up, a short video plays. During this time, the screen is black, and I can only hear the sound, kind of skippy, with no picture. Once I hit my controller button and skip the video, the menu comes up and I can play the game fine. But the intro video just won't play. Any idea why? I was just hoping that this had an easy answer, if any of you have ever experienced this sort of thing with other games.

Is it something to do with FMV? Does the emulator have issues playing the in-game videos?
Yes the PS2's IPU unit which is responsible for video playback has many emulation bugs. The team is working on it...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You could also try using GSDX software mode. At least with previous versions of it, there were videos that would only work in software mode.
Thanks for the replies. I'll give the GSDX software mode a try. Thanks.