New to emulators... require assisstance
as the title says i need some help setting up pcsx2 for my computer. I would like to play Tales of legendia, xenosaga FF games ect.. basicly all the PS2 rpgs. I have PCSX2 9.8.

My System

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Athlon ™ II X3 425 Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
8192MB RAM
DX 11

Video Card

ATI Radeon HD 4650
4081MB

LEt me know if you guyes require anymore information. I am finding tales of legendia is basicly unplayable.
Xenosaga 1 seems to lag and is very pixalie
Grandia Xtreme lag alot and graphics are flickering.

Now i dont know if its my iso's it might be who knows, i dont have much knowledge about emulators so Any help would be awesome.

Current set-up is
GS: GSDx 4643 (MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [GSdx32-SSE2]
Configured to
DX3d10 (hardware) ((Software doesnt make a difference or makes it worse.))
Interlacing none.
d3d x2

HArdware mode settings:
Texture filtering and 8-bit enabled.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I read the setup guide but yeah thats mostly all greek to me heh..

Sponsored links

Well... the guy who made the guide is a greek afterall Tongue2
The guide is easy to follow anyway.

You don't have a very powerful PC so don't expect full speed everywhere. (should try speedhacks or native res tho)

Tales of Legendia needs a (Software) renderer in GSdx to work correctly.
Xenosaga I is very CPU intensive on some scenes and when using A.G.W.S, not much to do about it.
Grandia Xtreme needs an older GSdx plugin to work, something like 0.1.7 or 0.1.4 should work: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-10-2011, 05:47 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Well... the guy who made the guide is a greek afterall Tongue2
The guide is easy to follow anyway.

You don't have a very powerful PC so don't expect full speed everywhere. (should try speedhacks or native res tho)

Tales of Legendia needs a (Software) renderer in GSdx to work correctly.
Xenosaga I is very CPU intensive on some scenes and when using A.G.W.S, not much to do about it.
Grandia Xtreme needs an older GSdx plugin to work, something like 0.1.7 or 0.1.4 should work: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx

awesome thanks Laugh yeah i know this pc isnt that great lol i am looking at getting a

Processor Type: Intel Core i7 2600
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Processor Cores: 4
RAM: 12 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Capacity: 1.5 TB

with a ATI HD6770

Okay well i will get the older GSdx for grandia. Sad that i cant play Tales of legendia, on my computer. since my lil brother hogs the ps2 all the time lol.
a 6770 isn't even a 6th generation Radeon HD part.
you should try to keep 8-bit texture off.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]