New to pcsx2
Hi to all, I'm new to the forums just joined today, I've been using epsxe for a few years now and decided to have a go at pcsx2 a few months ago, although I've been using emu''s for a while I don't really know a great deal about how they work, as I'm not a programmer, I'm having a few issues running pcsx2 and would really appreciate any advice anyone could provide.

My main issue is the speed at which games run they run extremely slowly and I can't seem to get around this problem

I suspect my pc specs might e the issue

i5 processor 2.7ghz 
4gb of ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450

Even as I was writing this I thinking it's just not got enough beef
However I hae some games that were on ps2 that were also on pc and they look far superior on my computer.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

Cheers

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - exact CPU model, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450: it's the most problematic issue in your hardware. Sorry but it's a VERY slow graphical card for PCSX2 even in dx10 (don't use OpenGL, it will be more slow on AMD ship), and I think the I5 precessor, even in it's portable version , will be usable.
It's also depend on the game, what games are you playing on PCSX2?
And for epsxe and all ps1 emulator in general, they are not very demanding (full speed on a 8 core Mediatek processor at 1.5 Ghz and a Mali t860 on Android with the Matsu multi emulator).
(07-31-2017, 11:53 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450: it's the most problematic issue in your hardware. Sorry but it's a VERY slow graphical card for PCSX2 even in dx10 (don't use OpenGL, it will be more slow on AMD ship), and I think the I5 precessor, even in it's portable version , will be usable.
It's also depend on the game, what games are you playing on PCSX2?
And for epsxe and all ps1 emulator in general, they are not very demanding (full speed on a 8 core Mediatek processor at 1.5 Ghz and a Mali t860 on Android with the Matsu multi emulator).

Hi thanks for your reply, i did think the gpu would be the issue, been trying to play GT3 a-spec and resident evil 4, resi isn't as slow, but GT is awful, i said in my earlier post i was using my pc, but its actually a laptop, sorry i should have been more specific, albeit a fairly higher spec one for its time, as far as i know the graphics card can't be changed in laptops so i'm guessing i'll need to look at a new machine? i've manged to get the psp emu working fine and nulldc, but the one i want to use the most just won't run at normal speed. dolphin also is a total no no.,Given the age of the ps2 and the fact i have some cross platform titles for my laptop that look better on my laptop than they did on ps2 i assumed initially it would run fine and that my settings for pcsx2 were wrong, i guess i just don't understand how emu's work and its not that simple. 

Thanks for replying Biggrin
(07-31-2017, 10:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - exact CPU model, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

hi thanks for checking out my thread,
i mentioned my graphics card in my initial post (sorry can't remember exactly what i said it was)
my cpu is an m430
$gb of ram (3.80 usable)
 my os is windows 10
not sure what you mean by non default settings (sorry total noob)
been trying to play GT3 A-spec and resi 4
 running games from iso

thanks in advance

(07-31-2017, 10:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

Thank You.

went back and checked 

graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450
Those really going to be playable on that laptop
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]