New to pcsx2, have some question
Hello everyone, this will be my first time using PCSX2, and I wanted to ask some questions.

GPU: GTX 970
CPU: i5-4690k 3.50ghz - OCed to 4.20ghz
RAM: 8gb

Would this be enough to run games like Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne or Final Fantasy 12?

Playing from the game CD or ISO will make diference in terms or performance?

Would you suggest me to use Stable 1.2.1 or 1.3.1 git, and will settings affect my performance for my hardware?

Thank you very much for the time being Smile.

Sponsored links

That'll easily run those games. I would recommend the newer builds.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Lool, if a machine like that couldn't run the games, we'd have a big problem.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
haha thanks for the responses!, I'm usually not certain when it comes with emulating games because it's usually more demanding (I think). thanks again! also for the quick replys.

EDIT: I should of have read first the FAQ + Sticky posts, sorry about that too.
It's a lot more demanding, but still, your PC is close to top of the line.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It will play most of the games pretty well on stock speeds. If you want some rough estimations then, you could mention the games you want to play.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I will probably play Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Final Fantasy 12, Shin Megami Digital Devil Saga, Grandia 3 for now.

On my old PC, I remember I had some slowdowns in certain areas in Digital Devil Saga where it would drop from 60-40fps

My old one was:
gpu: radeon hd 6950
cpu: Intel E8600 3.33gz
ram: 4gb

I never actually played any games only tried, since I had slowdowns and some audio issues on my laptop, and the only game I played on my old PC was Digital Devil Saga, and it didn't handle very well.

EDIT: would I be able to handle 1080p in fullscreen with internal resolution set to, let's say x2-4.
Yeah, 60fps at 4x native shouldn't be a problem on that new rig.
Thanks!, I definitely gonna try it later today, do I need to do something with ''cheats_ws'' winrar/folders to use widescreen patch, or just ticking ''Enable Widescreen Patches'' in the console, is enough without messing anything.
just enable widescreen patches and crank up the internal resolution.