New to this and need a little help with Sims 2 Castaway
I'm pretty new to using PCSX2 and my little brother isn't here to help me, so I've come here for help. It's just with Sims 2 Castaway, but this might apply to other games I'm thinking of getting. But basically I'm a little annoyed as I'm having to choose between being able to see all my options or speed. 

When I run the game in hardware mode (for me its the Direct3D11) the game runs fast and smooth. I am able to do what I want without it glitching around and the game runs as good as it did on the PS2 years ago. The issue is that I can't see any options. Like I'll go to my Sims inventory and I won't be able to see anything. I can't see what he has or doesn't have. I can't see hair or clothing options when making a Sim and its all just white blank spaces. 

When I run the game in any software mode, I can see all my options but it lags terribly and makes the game practically unplayable. I can see all my hair, clothing, inventory, and pretty much every option available but it's all lag and I end up getting annoyed and not playing the game.

I know my laptop isn't the best and I'm too broke for a desktop or a better laptop for the time being, so I make do with what I have and I'm not the most tech saavy guy on earth (amazing for a guy born in the age of technology). But I'll just throw everything I see that looks like it'll be helpful.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 
RAM: 6.00GB with 5.89 of it usable.
It's a windows 10 btw and an HP laptop. 

The version of PCSX2 I have is 1.4.0. 

So that's about it and my laptop and issues. Any advice I'd love. I know the best would be to simply buy a PS2 (which I REALLY want) or a better laptop/computer, but that costs money I don't have lol. Even Sims 3 doesn't give me this much grief and I play the game with a huge amount of CC, mods, and almost every SP and EP!

For now, however, I play the game in hardware mode until I need to build something then I switch. But it'll be nice to not have to switch back and forth constantly. And any explanations would be best explained in a way so even my grandmother can understand it, because I'm really not the most technologically advanced guy here.

Sponsored links

(01-08-2017, 07:42 PM)ChrisK Wrote: I know the best would be to simply buy a PS2 (which I REALLY want)

You must own a PS2 to use the emulator, so we cannot help, sorry.
Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]