New website launched!
After being in the works for half a year ( Tongue ) we finally got around making the new website public!
Since we needed to upgrade to the latest Joomla 3, I decided to also make the website look more modern and closer to our old, initial one. I really liked the Dolphin website look, so you'll find some elements close to their design Smile
Here's what's changed:
  • Now running the latest Joomla 3 platform
  • New color scheme, matching the old PCSX2 website one that many people requested. You can switch to the previous dark theme from the Cpanel option at the upper right
  • Latest boxes now using JS and switch their items instead of showing all 5 items at once (less space used, looks better)
  • Larger random screenshot box and new screenshots added
  • News section now adapts to the detected resolution of your screen. Now the website should display much better with phones and adapt in larger resolutions as well
  • Nicer compatibility overview bars
  • New logo and fav icon! Thanks bmate Smile
  • Many CSS fixes and cleanups

In general I tried giving the website a more game-y look and I think in that regard it was a success Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

I came here to complain about the logo all over the place. You are a legend Bositman and we all love you, but you make it look like it's a one man team. Other than that i think the new look is great. Also the forum feels snappier, did you do something to it...
That's actually a logo/picture for the author of the specific article. Take a look here : http://pcsx2.net/?start=45

The page I had linked also has one for rama and refraction.
Congrats on finalizing it!
Sure was a lot of work on those pesky little details.
(05-02-2016, 04:42 PM)ssakash Wrote: That's actually a logo/picture for the author of the specific article. Take a look here : http://pcsx2.net/?start=45

The page I had linked  also has one for rama and refraction.

Well yeah, but isn't it a bit superfluous? I meant it's right there in the title already : "Written by bositman" or "Created: 26 March 2010 Written by refraction"...
Yes, it's redundant but personally I don't mind it. It really looks nice in my opinion. It stands out more than the respective string "Written By Author".

Do you have any other strong reasons to remove the side pictures rather than its redundancy ?
(05-02-2016, 07:00 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yes, it's redundant but personally I don't mind it. It really looks nice in my opinion. It stands out more than the respective string "Written By Author".

Do you have any other strong reasons to remove the side pictures rather than its redundancy ?

Not really, I don't mind it that much either, but it got me wondering why isn't it ads instead? Or color coded to distinguish between update or news or article etc...
(05-02-2016, 07:16 PM)Canes Wrote: Not really, I don't mind it that much either, but it got me wondering why isn't it ads instead? Or color coded to distinguish between update or news or article etc...

You're nitpicking. It looks good. Colors won't be very useful. It only displays 5 articles per page and you can't search articles by category. Also, you shouldn't have carelessly accused anyone like this.
(05-03-2016, 12:30 AM)Akio Wrote: You're nitpicking. It looks good. Colors won't be very useful. It only displays 5 articles per page and you can't search articles by category. Also, you shouldn't have carelessly accused anyone like this.

I apologize if i have offended anyone, I was just making an honest observation, albeit an inexperienced one...
http://pcsx2.net/developer-blog.html
There, it's gregory all over the place, must be some plan to glorify him!!111oneoneoneone Tongue

I think I've found how to get rid of all the people moaning about alignments of the bottom boxes, have a style to remove em Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]