New website launched!
Team gregory FTW! Laugh

Sponsored links

New site is broken without javascript, so people using addons like noscript might be put off. You can only see the navigation bar, everything below that is not displayed.

It's reasonable for stuff like the random screenshot box to be broken without javascript, but there's no reason that simply displaying the text of the article should require javascript.
(05-03-2016, 03:26 PM)goldeen50 Wrote: New site is broken without javascript, so people using addons like noscript might be put off. You can only see the navigation bar, everything below that is not displayed.

It's reasonable for stuff like the random screenshot box to be broken without javascript, but there's no reason that simply displaying the text of the article should require javascript.

No it isn't. It just removes the slideshow in such a way it leaves a huge gap between the menu and the rest of the website. Not my fault and something I can't fix.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-03-2016, 03:26 PM)goldeen50 Wrote: New site is broken without javascript, so people using addons like noscript might be put off. You can only see the navigation bar, everything below that is not displayed.

Everything below is displayed on the homepage, just takes too much scrolling to see it. Tongue2
Other tabs display content below navigational bar correctly, even if content doesn't work like on the Demo page.
The new design is good, but to improve usability I would remove the left sidebar and move everything to the top.
In any case, great job!
When I opened the site up on mobile I literally went "god that's ugly".

I'm pretty sure disliked the previous site's look so maybe I just don't have the same taste in websites as the PCSX2 devs.
Quote:You can complain on how you don't like the new look, as usual, in this thread! [Image: biggrin.gif]

Let's do it. Biggrin

Quote:
  • Latest boxes now using JS and switch their items instead of showing all 5 items at once (less space used, looks better)

Personally I really dislike this change.

As a user I want to have a certain amount of static information.
Autoplay information is jarring, you have to wait for the next item and for me it's annyoing and makes the thing useless.

Further on some alignment nitpicks.
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160503/tnel4lj2.jpg

The pink line on the left shows that the news container and it's author picture doesn't align with the header body.

My biggest issues are the author pictures which I definitely would remove.
It's rendundant Information, you have to read the name from top to bottom and the font is really terrible, at least it kills my reading speed.
The space is really wasted in my opinion and it brings a lot of dead space into the website.

I would try to generate a unibody-design where every element aligns nicely with the other one, like this (for the current design):
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160503/xgaaapei.jpg

Well so far that's my feedback, keep up the good work. Smile

[url=http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160503/xgaaapei.jpg][/url]
My biggest issue is how empty it feels. The front page is more than three pages long, and yet almost half of the space is either background or padding
Yes! Dark theme is my favourite
And you made me register.
IMHO, the dynamic last thread changes is a extremely BAD idea. There's no back/forward navigation, so if you see a nice looking thread/change and you miss your time window to click it, you have to wait until it pops again. Same with the commits. And it's very inconsistent to number them with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 since you don't list them all at once. It feels hacky, and you gain nothing from it, in fact you lose unloaded/unpaged content from the main site if you miss the slide with it.
No idea if you had heatmaps and found out if people clicked it or was it done because it's all fun and easy, but this hurts content and gives absolutely nothing to the user.
And that's my only problem, I'm a big fan of the new look ;v