Newb and Need Help.
Hi. I used to have a Play Station emulator and to play games all I had to do was pop in the game disc and play it.

I'm reading the FAQ and help guides and apparently I need a PS2 to play PS2 games on my comp? Apparently I need to download "Bios" from the PS2 into my computer?

Is there any way I can just play the game if I have it with out having to buy a PS2 or borrowing it from some one? I borrowed Silent Hill 4 from my friends and I just want to play it on my Computer.

Sponsored links

yes, there is a way, but it is illegal and thus not allowed to discuss on this forum. if the way you described is how you played on a psx emulator, then that was illegal to.
So you need a PS2... to play PS2 games on your computer? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of having a PS2 emulator?
purpose of an emulator isn't to promote piracy. if you think that, then you have nothing to look for on this forum. the ps2 is still very much selling, and even if it weren't, a huge period would need to pass for it to become legal without owning a console and every game you wanna play on it.
Quote:So you need a PS2... to play PS2 games on your computer? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of having a PS2 emulator?
No, it does not.
(08-15-2009, 11:24 PM)bikerverde Wrote: So you need a PS2... to play PS2 games on your computer? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of having a PS2 emulator?

PS2 emulator has many advantages to the real PS2 and piracy is not what it is about in fact you should learn about emulation a bit if you think it's for piracy. You can have save states, unlimited memory cards, easy screenshot/video making, higher quality (well most of times), can keep the game backups in the HDD so you just have to clic and change game, almost no load times, it's portable and well other things. To use the emu legally you need a PS2 not that bad for the advantages, ofc the emu isnt perfect so it doesnt benefit everyone tho Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-15-2009, 11:17 PM)begedin Wrote: yes, there is a way, but it is illegal and thus not allowed to discuss on this forum. if the way you described is how you played on a psx emulator, then that was illegal to.

Actually, one of the PSX emus (was it PCSX? It's been awhile since I've toyed with PS1 emus) has an emulated bios and thus doesn't legally require you to own a PS1 only the PS1 games.
Hey. I didn't say I wanted to Pirate nothin'. I just wanted to play a ps2 game I borrowed from a friend only because I do not own a PS2 and I do not wish to own a PS2. The PS2 dosn't even have a lot games I even want to play.. Just the One. If I wanted I probably could have just borrowed my friend's PS2 too. Even if I had a PS2 console it sounds like I need to buy a extra cord to hook it to my computer so I can get the BIOs and all I want to do is just play a single game. I don't care for any of these "extra" features the emulator has.

Some one might want to close this post. After every one started crying about me wanting to "Pirate" I stepped out and bought Silent Hill 4 for my Xbox 360.

Sony can shove it.
But Silent Hill 4 never came out on xbox 360....=/.
Mac Book Pro

Windows Xp 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @2.4Ghz
2GB Corsair Ram
Nvidia 8600M 512MB

It came out for the Xbox and with a downloaded update it works on the 360... and it's pretty sweet Laugh