Newbie With problem (so i bet most of you wont click this to help me out.)
Hey guys I'm new here and i downloaded the emulator to try it out
well i read the posting rules and everything so I'm a smart newb and know what to post or not.

So let me say how far i got in this. i have my own bios i download the Emulator(version .9.6), I configured the plugins, and i have my game Cd. now to my problem.
when i click run the game doesn't open up and i get an error message saying the GS plugin failed to open/initialize and that the emulator will now close.

so can anyone tell me what my problem is? if i can fix it? or anything at all would be much appreciated and thank you.

Sponsored links

what version of the plugin are you using? what are your machine specs? if your cpu is an AMD one, are you using the SSE2 variation only?
bits of the post sounded to me like a suspiciously specific denial but, oh, well... not like I care
(woot I finally logged in here after a year or two xD)
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
"GS plugin failed to open/initialize"
Most of the times means that your video card don't support Pixel Shader 2 or you don't have the newest directx(and I don't meant dx 9,10,11 or 9c but dx from which month)
(02-28-2010, 12:20 PM)vsub Wrote: "GS plugin failed to open/initialize"
Most of the times means that your video card don't support Pixel Shader 2 or you don't have the newest directx(and I don't meant dx 9,10,11 or 9c but dx from which month)

Yes, I think his DirectX could be outdated. Please use the updater and try again.

Small recommendation: Use the latest beta and the latest plugins. You will get less issues and more speed with them Tongue.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
Hey thanks guys for posting. well i did what you guys suggested i updated the directx and got the beta plugins but i still have the problem.
here are my specs for you guys. i checked it out and i can barley run it at a playable speed.

CPU: AMD anthlon x2 Dual core 2.4 Ghz
GPU: Geforce 6150SE nForce 430 (thats what it says when i looked it up)
RAM: 3Gbs

I'm running on windows 7 32 bit

heres the Graphics plugin that i tried using
the GSdx 2404 ( MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15
Try using the Direct3d9 (Software) renderer in GSdx.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(02-28-2010, 07:31 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try using the Direct3d9 (Software) renderer in GSdx.

Well that took away the GS plugin failed to open problem, but know when it opens up the game all I get is a black screen.

Btw I tried Direct3d9 (Hardware) and that works too.
What game? What settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(02-28-2010, 09:33 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: What game? What settings?

Yeah, "What game?" indeed. Is the game supported/compatable?

Also, not using a specific CDVD plugin has left me at a black screen/no sound with a couple games. I always end up using either Gigaherz CDVD or Linuz ISO. I prefer Linuz, as there's no need for "mounting". Of course, this will call for copying your game disc(s) to your harddrive, which has also works better than off the disc, in my experience.
Using direct3d9 (hardware) is recommended than using software rendered. Most of ATI RADEON GPU (not HD) would work in direct3d9 (software) and NVidia GPU works well in direct3d9 (hardware)
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G