Newbie desperate for help
Hi!

Well, first I have installed PCSX2 in my PC and extracted the BIOS from my PS2 console.

So far so good, but when I boot an iso file (I tried DDR Supernova and DDR Supernova2) I hear the PS2 startup noise but the screen is all black and when the startup noise ends nothing else happens. I guess it's a compatibility or a configuration problem (or both), but since I'm really a newbie with this I have no idea how to configure my PC to make the emulator work! So I desperately ask for somebody to help me out with this. Smile

My system configuration:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @2,93GHz
GPU: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Directx 11
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bits
3,49 Gb RAM

Thank you very much.

Sponsored links

You'll have to run it in software mode by pressing F9, but it will be unplayably slow.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-07-2014, 07:01 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You'll have to run it in software mode by pressing F9, but it will be unplayably slow.

Thank you so much! It's working, but sound is not working and it's terribly slow Sad

Is it because of the video card??
to get sound go to config>sound>plugin settings and change it to xaudio2 or directsound

you won't be able to do much about the speed though. you can try some speedhacks, but you won't get full speed.

Also, yes the lag is due to no graphics card.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Quote:GPU: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
gsdx isn't compatible with this kind of GPU in hardware mode.
you'll have to use software mode, but it'll be probably very slow
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-07-2014, 07:17 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: to get sound go to config>sound>plugin settings and change it to xaudio2 or directsound

you won't be able to do much about the speed though. you can try some speedhacks, but you won't get full speed.

Thanks again, sound is working too Smile

I tried the speedhacks but it didn't change anything; I thought my PC was good enough, I just wasn't sure about the video card.

(07-07-2014, 07:21 AM)jesalvein Wrote: gsdx isn't compatible with this kind of GPU in hardware mode.
you'll have to use software mode, but it'll be probably very slow

oh, I get it. Well, thanks a lot for the help guys!! xD
(07-07-2014, 07:28 AM)sarahutzig Wrote: Thanks again, sound is working too Smile

I tried the speedhacks but it didn't change anything; I thought my PC was good enough, I just wasn't sure about the video card.

it's not a top PC since it's only a dual core, but you could run some games @ playable speeds if you had a decent GPU.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
from personal experience with basially the exact same PC.. you can play some games pretty confortably. I had a core 2 duo, g33/31 chipset wiht onboard video, My proc was a 2.66 overclocked to 3gig. Had 2 gig of ram. I played Final Fantasy x and x-2 and xii at 45-50ish fps at the worst parts of the games (fmv) and for the most part it wasnt bad. some slowdowns on videos, but yes, it will do for those games OK.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case