Newbie hoping for help
Hello all, thanks for allowing me into this forum.

I have, after some struggle got version 1.0.0 working on my Win 7 PC

I am presently trying to play a game I own (running it from disc) but am experiencing some problems.

I have attached screen shots of my settings, hoping this may help?

I think in the US and elsewhere, this game may have been called "Racer" or similar...this edition is from my homeland, in Australia.This one is called V8 Supercars 3.

You will see in the screen shot of the game, that the car has a black rectangular box around it. This stays there throughout game-play. Would this be a problem with emulation settings, or a problem with my pc? Further, when the audio tells me I have been black flagged, or have a warning, the audio is very slow...about half normal conversation speed.

Any help you can suggest would be appreciated.In the meantime, I shall continue to read threads to try learn more, and maybe get a few hints that may help.

Thank you.

Sponsored links

1 - which game is this ?
2 - why are you runnning in d3d9 hardware instead of d3d10 or 11 ?
3 - tried making an iso out of your DVD ?
4 - keep in mind you pc seems to be quite weak for this game since the EE% & GS% seem to be quite high.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hi,
Thanks for reply.

1)I just edited the post, saying the game is V8 Supercars 3
2) It seemed to default to this hardware...I can't remember configuring it that way?
3)My disc won't copy to an iso...I have tried imgburn,Dvdecryptor and PowerISO, but they all stop at 80%....the disc does have scratches.
4)I thought this pc would be ok as I can play games on it ok, but have never tried it as a PS2 emulator before

Thanks
ok.
looks like this game isn't in the compatibility list... try setting gsdx hardware to d3d11.
if it doesn't work, try software mode.
Hi,
Thanks...
I have been playing with the settings as suggested...if I go to 3D10 Hardware, I get rid of the black box, but my fps goes down, slowing the car response times, if I go to the same settings on software, the game goes real real slow.
The only options I have are
Direct3D9(Hardware)
Direct3D9(Software)
Direct3D9(Null)
Direct3D10(Hardware)
Direct3D10(Software)
Direct3D10(Null)
Null(Software)
Null(null)

How do I get d3d11 as you suggest?

Thanks
by getting a decent gpu, i guees.
what is yours ?
If it helps, my display card is.....
NVIDEA GeForce GT330

ouch.
you won'ty get far with this, unfortunately.
your GPU sin't Dx11 compatible, so you're stuck with dx10.
honestly, better play this game on your PS2 until you can get a better machine. because yours seems to be nuable to handle it correctly for now.
oK...thanks for trying to help me...appreciate the information