Newbie needs help!!!
So i'm working at a call center and i have installed pcsx2 onto my protable HD so i could try and play them on the computers that i have at my work. Problem is im unable to update any software on the work computers... Everytime i try and run PCSX2 0.9.7 i get the same message that i need to update my direct x libraries.

it says:

The selected GS plugin failed to load.

Reason: The plugin reports that your hardware or software/drivers are not supported.

E:\(location of the files)

All plugins must have valid selections for PCSX2 to run. If you are unable to make a valid selection due to missing
plugins or an imcomplete install of PCSX2, then press cancel to close the configuration panel.

So the question i have is: is it possible to get a version or tweak the current version so i can run PCSX2 on this computer?

this is the computer info from dxdiag:

Machine name: OREMWS153
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Compaq dc5100 SFF(EQ175US)
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2552MB RAM
Page File: 718MB used, 3725MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

I've been able to run other games like Warcraft 3, counterstrike and other system emulators but i think this might be by far the most high tech (newest one) so i'm guessing i cant run it but i'm just grasping on to some hope that i can play some of the classics i used to love to play. Thanks in advance for the input!

Sponsored links

You would have to copy all the needed files to the PCSX2 folder maybe, problem is we don't really know what are all the needed updated files. They should start with d3dx9_26.dll for example but again no idea what the needed files are Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(12-23-2010, 01:46 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You would have to copy all the needed files to the PCSX2 folder maybe, problem is we don't really know what are all the needed updated files. They should start with d3dx9_26.dll for example but again no idea what the needed files are Tongue2

Is there any process i could do to find the files i would need to get? Where in the PCSX2 folder would i put these?
Next to the pcsx2.exe file, and no idea which are the necessary files currently Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
PCSX2 need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable to be installed and to have the newest directx or those files d3dx9_43.dll,d3dx10_43.dll,d3dx11_43.dll in the pcsx2 directory
so i'll i need to do is get those dll's and put them in the pcsx2 folder?
About the directx part,I think that's all(I'm not 100% sure because I didn't check)but the other thing(Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable)must be installed(pcsx2 need two files from in but it's not working if you just copy them)
well i put all the dx files into the pcsx2 folder and i just got to work and tried it but still got the same problem with it saying i need to update direct x libraries. I also noticed the work computers only have the C++ 2005 not 2008 so i guess im out of luck =(