Newbie on the Forum
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hello. This is my first time with this emulator and I am trying to figure it out on my own without harrassing members of the board. I've managed to get up and running for the most part. Just to give everyone an idea of my setup. iMac, Lion, PS3 controller.

[Image: screenshot20110727at807.png]

Newest XQuartz, ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0 (also tried 0.21.213), nVidia CG Framework

At first I had issues with audio and video, but using the threads already on the forum I managed to get it working properly. The only game I am currently using for testing is Kingdom Hearts. This is what it looked like on my first boot.

[Image: screenshot20110727at629.png]

I managed to get the sound working properly, controller functioning, and video looks great AFTER the initial cut scene. I had no intention of my first post asking for help, however the game just crashed on me while posting. Issues I have come across below. Put them in a "code" so it would be less of a mess. The client crashed (not froze) and these are the error codes.

Code:
Offset 0xef78c000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2:  3015 Bus error: 10   ./pcsx2

Offset 0xf41f6000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2:  3302 Bus error: 10   ./pcsx2

pcsx2.sh: line 2:   419 Bus error: 10   ./pcsx2

pcsx2.sh: line 2:  1399 Bus error: 10   ./pcsx2

pcsx2.sh: line 2:  1782 Bus error: 10   ./pcsx2

Edit: I have read elsewhere on the forums to try to use F9 software mode to get past the freezing point. Will attempt and post with results.

If you have any insight to prevent crashes such as the aforementioned please let me know.

I also wanted to know how exactly save-games work. Will it prompt me in game to save or am I to use F1 for save states? I have attempted to use F1 to create a save state, but when I re-launch PCSX2 and go File->States->Load->Other the only file that is there does not load properly and PCSX2 crashes.

Edit: Attempted to run PCSX2 with another game which I just did a byte by byte .iso creation and it freezes while loading (just before the main menu would appear). In this case the client actually freezes not crashes. Error report logs "Mem limit ovf". How do I enable more memory to be used by XQuartz/PCSX2?

Thanks for a great emulator, supporting Macs, and lots of user support.

Sponsored links

if you look through the last 200 KH colour bugs, you'll find they are isolated to the mac board and have solutions posted.
Thank you for your response.

Other than the first cut scene in Kingdom Hearts I think I have resolved the issue with video. At this point in time I am more concerned about PCSX2 freezing/crashing intermittently. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client and all necessary plugins, and dumped by bios a second time in case it didn't work properly the first time.

Kingdom Hearts: Works for ~15 minutes (when I'm on the boat talking to the three people) and PCSX2 flat out crashes with the error messages above.

Tony Hawk 4: Freezes while loading at 3/4 complete and displays "mem limit ovf".

GTA: San Andreas: Graphical issues. World does not load when actual gameplay begins.
The only thing I could suggest is to make sure that you close all other programs when PCSX2 is running.

Also, I have recently upgraded my computer to Lion and I have noticed a significant increase in performance when you turn your dock hiding on. When the dock is shown on the screen, I get between 20-30fps during cpu-heavy places and with the dock hidden, I get between 45-60fps no matter what.

Also, the MAC version of PCSX2 is only 0.9.6 which is pretty old. zedr0n, the maker of this port, appears to be hard-pressed for extra time to get 0.9.7 out but when he does you'll probably see a lot better compatibility with games. The only game I have that runs w/out any problems is Kingdom Hearts II so I'm not sure if KH1 or the other games you mentioned are supposed to be as compatible. KHII has only crashed once on me and that was during a cut-scene (which is totally skippable in-game).
I will try finding my KHII disk and making a rom and post with my findings. I don't seem to have any frame rate issues but I will give "hide dock" a try regardless. Thank you for your input!