Newbie start up troubles with PCSX2 - Xenosaga episode 1
Hi all just got around to moving on my from retro emulations era of pretty much only snes/ps1/n64 games and figured i'd give a shot at ps2 emulation after searching i found this to be from others a good solid emulator to try out.

I'm running with an amd 64 3800 cpu 1 gig of ram with an nvidia 520 gfx card on windows xp w/sp3 system is fully up to date, all patches etc installed and all the redistro stuff installed as well that comes with the installer for the latest svn build which atm i'm using pcsx2 1.1.0.5492 compiled on dec 12th 2012 from reading others before posting here many suggest using the latest svn builds

Sadly that same searching has really given me no clear idea what settings to use for xenosaga 1 i'm using the actual ps2 disc in my dvd drive the emulator starts up as follows showing this in the log

Code:
PCSX2 1.1.0.r5492  - compiled on Dec 29 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    Physical RAM     =  1022 MB
    CPU name         =  AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+
    Vendor/Model     =  AuthenticAMD (stepping 02)
    CPU speed        =  2.405 ghz (1 logical thread)
    x86PType         =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags         =  078bfbff 00000001
    x86EFlags        =  e3d3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
    MMX2  .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2

Plugins shutdown successfully.
Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
    Binding   GS: C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\plugins\GSdx32-SSE2-
r5464.dll
    Binding  PAD: C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\plugins\LilyPad-
r5403.dll
    Binding SPU2: C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\plugins\SPU2-X-
r5478.dll
(GameDB) 9643 games on record (loaded in 341ms)
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
    Binding CDVD: C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\plugins
\cdvdGigaherz-r5403.dll
    Binding  USB: C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\plugins\USBnull-
r5484.dll
    Binding   FW: C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\plugins\FWnull-
r5484.dll
    Binding DEV9: C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\plugins\DEV9null-
r5403.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(CdvdSource) HotSwapping CDVD source types from Iso to Plugin.
(FileMcd) Creating new 8MB memory card: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2
\memcards\Mcd001.ps2'
memcard created: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2'.
(FileMcd) Creating new 8MB memory card: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2
\memcards\Mcd002.ps2'
memcard created: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2'.
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
    Init GS
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
    Init PAD
    Init SPU2
    Init CDVD
    Init USB
    Init FW
    Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
    Opening GS
    Opening PAD
    Opening SPU2
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520  (6.14.13.1090)
    Opening CDVD
* CDVD: Opening drive '\\.\D:'...
* CDVD: IO thread started...
* CDVD Disk Open: CD, 2 tracks (1 to 2):
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (2077328 sectors)
* * Track 2: Data (Mode 2) (2057584 sectors)
* CDVD: Disk Type: Single-Layer DVD
    Opening USB
    Opening FW
    Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\My Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
    Bios Found: USA     v01.60(07/02/2002)  Console
    BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
NVM File Not Found, Creating Blank File
MEC File Not Found, creating substitute...
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_204.69;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.0
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_204.69;1) Game CRC = 0x6D1276AB, EntryPoint = 0x00200008
Closing plugins...
    Closing DEV9
    Closing FW
    Closing USB
    Closing CDVD
* CDVD: IO thread finished.
    Closing SPU2
    Closing PAD
    Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
(hope that goes into the code box right)

the emulator starts up the ps2 bios just fine, settings all go fine and stuff the loading screen for the system goes through its thing and then the ps2 logo pops up on screen as the disc speeds up then i just get a blank black screen no sound, no nothing far as i can tell it just does nothing its not frozen or anything far as i see but i'm at a loss what else to do

I'm using only the default start settings since i have no clue what to mess around with without being guided through this, any and all help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Sponsored links

Also a small update if I put in xenosaga 2 the game runs jsut fine at near or max fps (window shows 49-57 fps)
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

A single core CPU probably won't run anything at all due to being extremely old and slow. Maybe a 2d only game will work, but I don't know of any 2d only games.
You probably need to make an iso of your disc using imgburn since this one is dual layered and i think the dvd reading plugin does not play well with dvd9 discs.

Quote:Also a small update if I put in xenosaga 2 the game runs jsut fine at near or max fps (window shows 49-57 fps)

You probably didn't get ingame or something...your PC will not be able to run most ps2 games even at half speed and especially the xenosaga series which is known to be quite CPU intensive (talking about needing 3,8 Ghz i5s)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
There are many recommendations to give based on the log.

First, move PCSX2 to a folder yourself create outside C:\Program files, create one at C: or even another partition if available. Something like C:\PCSX2 or D:\PCSX2 does the trick. Afterwards move the PCSX2 under the Documents folder and merge it with the created one.

Create an empty file called portable.ini to force PCSX2 to use it's own structure. That should resolve actual problems and future ones. Notice that is an issue from MS and affects PC games also.

Second, from your words is to think you are starting from the complete bios boot. use "Boot CDVD (fast)" instead.

and follow the advices from the other posts as well.
Imagination is where we are truly real
hmm so after going by whats suggested it seems i cant play any games with anything real ability ah well guess its back to n64/ps1 and before emulation thanks for the help folks!