Newbie trying to install PCSX2 but which version? Standalone? Binary?
Hi guys,

I am about to install PCSX2 for the first time on my Windows 7 64bit.

I have already installed Visual 2008/2010 C++ 32bit & 64bit as well as updated DirectX to the latest one using MS's web installer.

Now, I just want a confirmation from you guys. When I click on the standalone installer and proceed to install it. They have 4 checkboxes,

1. Startmenu shortcut
2. Desktop shortcut
3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redist
4. DirectX Web Setup

Is it okay if I just leave them all checked and install? Or should I uncheck #3 and #4 so as not to create any potential conflicts it may cause since I may be installing them twice....?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored links

(07-16-2013, 07:37 AM)regis169 Wrote: Hi guys,

I have already installed Visual 2008/2010 C++ 32bit & 64bit as well as updated DirectX to the latest one using MS's web installer.

Now, I just want a confirmation from you guys. When I click on the standalone installer and proceed to install it. They have 4 checkboxes,

1. Startmenu shortcut
2. Desktop shortcut
4. DirectX Web Setup

Is it okay if I just leave them all checked and install? Or should I uncheck #3 and #4 so as not to create any potential conflicts it may cause since I may be installing them twice....?

leave them as they're checked
they'll be skipped if they already installed Smile
they won't clash, it is perfectly safe to run them again. (and if it missed something the first time, it will fix it for you)
(07-16-2013, 07:37 AM)regis169 Wrote: Hi guys,

1. Startmenu shortcut
2. Desktop shortcut
4. DirectX Web Setup

This will cover it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plo8rMytBNg
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks for the help guys!