Newest GSDx beta
What exactly does the blur option do, and am I right in reading that the anti-aliasing option only works in software mode?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.

Sponsored links

blur option .. gabest "fixed" blurring that shouldn't be there XD but you can always make it come back with this option xD AND NO IT'S NOT THE FFX BATTLE BLUR XD!!! (noticed in persona 4)

as for AA yes SoftWare only
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
Nice, got rid of the blurring Fate Unlimited Codes had too. I wonder if a native hardware antialiasing will be possible someday. Did someone notice any difference betweeen AA on and off in SW mode? I really couldn't notice any Sad
maybe you should watch the edges of characters closely. Tongue Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
The bios is full of AA. The cubes, the lines, every save "icon".

In ffx most objects in the background. Whole remiem temple.

Persona 4 end-of-battle screen background and the OSD (lines, circles, dialog frames).

Btw, the DELETE key switches AA on/off, it's easier to spot the effect if you know that Laugh

The blur effect blends the final image with itself 1 pixel vertically shifted. At huge resolution it is hardly visible, but it was invented for low-resolution anyway.
Thanks Gabest Smile
(04-01-2009, 03:21 AM)Gabest Wrote: The bios is full of AA. The cubes, the lines, every save "icon".

In ffx most objects in the background. Whole remiem temple.

Persona 4 end-of-battle screen background and the OSD (lines, circles, dialog frames).

Btw, the DELETE key switches AA on/off, it's easier to spot the effect if you know that Laugh

The blur effect blends the final image with itself 1 pixel vertically shifted. At huge resolution it is hardly visible, but it was invented for low-resolution anyway.

Ok, so since I run in larger resolution as well as hardware mode, neither of those settings will do me much good, then. Thanks for the response!
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I have a question gabest. Is there a way to look for the AA1 flag and then allow you to do hardware AA that way or is it a selective AA not across the whole image?
AA1 is an extra line drawn along the edges, but its alpha is replaced by its coverage. Maybe I could use the geometry shader to insert three extra line-like thing (made of triangles, since it is not possible to switch primitive types in one batch) after each normal triangle and treat them different in the pixel shader, it would be quite difficult.
Also, Gabest, there seems to be games that have some sort of internal AA on them, like .Hack GUs, when you bump the internal res up, you see less jagged lines than in other games. Setting it up to like 2048x1792 came with the effect of it looking as if I was using 4x AA with my gpu in some PC game.

Is that some sort of postprocessing?