Newest PCSX2 and USB
First, I was wondering is someone could provide me with a link to the newest PCSX2 version. This website is rather confusing and I dont know how old is which version.
Second, I was hoping if anyone can tell me if there is a known way to play it on a USB. I tried to run it on one, but cant seem to download the directx drivers, possibly due to the fact that PCSX2 is on a USB.

Sponsored links

The latest stable release is PCSX2 0.9.8.
From the main page, go to the Downloads section.
In there, go to the Program section.

There you will find the 0.9.8 installer, binaries, and source code.
Use the web installer for simplicity.
Try the binary package if you encounter difficulties with file access (i.e. saving settings).
Also, the PCSX2 binary package is portable.

There are also SVN builds that are officially available for download at the following link:
http://pcsx2.net/svn.php

These are a "work-in-progress" sort of deal. Then certainly can be expected to show some improvements, along the lines of fixing bugs/errors, but sometimes can improve performance with some games. Just understand that the opposite can be the case in some situations, or with some games. (This is why the 0.9.8 release is called "stable". Wink)
I don't know what do you mean by "USB" since there're millions of devices that use the USB port, ranging from mouse, keyboard to router, game controller... etc. But I assume that you speak of the USB Flash Drive. You need 4 things on your flash drive:
  • PCSX2 (including the BIOS)
  • Your game disc image
  • DirectX Redist
  • Visual C++ Redist
Now you can plug 'n' play everywhere.

Important: You must have administrative privilege to be able to install DirectX and VC++ Runtime Library. If you don't, the machine you play must have them pre-installed. Otherwise there's no way to run PCSX2 on it.
Thanks for the info.
Currently I have 2 problems.
1. I cant start PCSX2 on any video plugin rather than Null.
2. Probably because of 1, the game off an actual disc (not ISO) refuses to run.
(10-26-2011, 03:10 PM)ivanbin Wrote: Thanks for the info.
Currently I have 2 problems.
1. I cant start PCSX2 on any video plugin rather than Null.
2. Probably because of 1, the game off an actual disc (not ISO) refuses to run.

And how is this related to "Newest PCSX2 and USB" exactly?

Could you please describe exactly what you're trying to do (install it somewhere? use the portable version from a USB "disk-on-key"?, etc), and what doesn't work?

Also, post your console logs, OS info and hardware info.

Sorry if i interrupt you guys.
I´ve seen the 0.9.9 Version somewhere on the internet.
What´s that? A fake?
. Win 7 Prof. 64bit .
. 8GB OCZ DDR3-1333 RAM .
. Zotac GTX 580 AMP .
. AMD Phenom x4 965 .
. 64GB OCZ MLC SSD .

PS: Forgive my english. I´m german. Unsure
@Yosuke30 SVN builds linked above by Rezard are 0.9.9, generally even pcsx2 versions(like 0.9.6, 0.9.8) are releases, odd versions(like 0.9.7, 0.9.9) are SVN sometimes called "beta".
(10-26-2011, 06:19 PM)miseru99 Wrote: @Yosuke30 SVN builds linked above by Rezard are 0.9.9, generally even pcsx2 versions(like 0.9.6, 0.9.8) are releases, odd versions(like 0.9.7, 0.9.9) are SVN sometimes called "beta".

Ok, thanks.
. Win 7 Prof. 64bit .
. 8GB OCZ DDR3-1333 RAM .
. Zotac GTX 580 AMP .
. AMD Phenom x4 965 .
. 64GB OCZ MLC SSD .

PS: Forgive my english. I´m german. Unsure
Back to the topic:
Quote:1. I cant start PCSX2 on any video plugin rather than Null.
Maybe because that PC does not have DirectX installed. Did you try to install DirectX on it?

And if you can carry the disc along, you do not need to make an ISO.
Sounds like the need for DX updating.

You can use the disc, but if you get stutters or the game hangs on occasion, try an ISO.