I only got a question, I downloaded PCSX 2 one week ago and I still don´t get any games running. IS the PCSX 2 not compatible with Vista 64-Bit Ultimate Edition or is something wrong with my Computer.
I got an AMD 64x 6000+ Processor, 4 GB DDR 2 Ram, an Geforce GTX 260, and an Asus M 78 Mainboard. I cant start any Isos just getting Error sign. And if I lay an DVD into the Drive it only goes to the Play Station 2 Logo and then comes nothing but the wide blackness of my monitor.
Would be nice if anyone could help me.
Have u configured the bios? to config use the cdvdnull plugin then start it, configure your bios then change the plugin back and try your games again.
If that doesn't work then post your config.
pcsx2 is fully compatible with vista 64-bit.
Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430
Windows Vista Buisness 32-Bit
P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
04-29-2009, 12:19 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2009, 12:19 PM by vsub.)
To tell you the truth I've never ever configured the bios and pcsx2 is working without problems.
Saberhawk if you're using your game disk did you select for CDVDrom plugin Gigaherz,CDVD,P.E.Op.S or EFP poling or your using CDVDnull and you're wondering why no game is starting?
I configured my BIOS and I´m using not the old SCPH1000 Bios( the japanese one^^) but nothing will work. And to the question which CDVD Emu I use I´m using the Gigahertz PlugIn if I try it with the ISO Variation I only get the answer can´t load image. So I don´t know what to do. And I also red the Tutorial and configured everything like it stands there.
When you use ISO and Linuzappz ISO,the ISO mustn't be used by any program(Daemon Tools or similar)
The best solution:
1) Mount from the game using (Nero OEM) because this is bundle with DVD-RW drive .. normally will get or Alcohol 120% but need to pay.
2) Select rip format either .nrg or .iso from your PS2 game.
3) Download the Daemon tool Lite (latest: 4.30)
4) Mount the image with Daemon tool.
5) At gigahert pluging select the drive.
6) Pcsx2: File > Run CD/DVD (note: this will skip your BIos loading screen but you still require bios to start the game)
(Extra Note: If you still can't start the game)
[b]Simple solution: [/b]
- In Window Vista use with "Run as administrator" then start configure it.
- Dump bios from your friend PS2 console because your BIos may be corrupted with dump-ing or YOUR DOWNLOAD BIOS IS CORRUPTED.
- Un-install it and install back.
- Re-Download plugin .. scare your PC have some problem with it.
That procedure of using daemon tools to mount the iso and then use gigahertz plugin is ONLY useful when you need to use multi-disc games. Cause giga's plugin allows you to change disc.
In any other case, for isos, you are better off using linuappz.