No PCSX2 sound on tv after plugging HDMI into Samsung tv
A while back I got the idea of playing all of my games on my tv and the best ( and only D: ) option was to use my HDMI cable and plug it into my tv. There is visual, control (because I'm using a wireless keyboard+mouse combo) and audio lag but that's because I have a pretty long HDMI cable so I don't mind that too much. Browsing youtube, soundcloud, facebook whatever, it all works fine with no problems (except the lag I mentioned).

That is until I start playing my games. Suddenly there is 0 audio output on my tv (even though I have my laptop at 70% volume and tv at 25% [which is VERY loud for my tv, btw]). And what's worst is that when I tried to look up the issue on youtube the audio suddenly plays without fail (for youtube that is, not PCSX2 D: ).

After running back and forth, like a headless chicken, being told to fix the HDMI sound in control panel (which wasn't my problem, just to clarify) I gave up. If I'm missing something stop me here. I already feel stupid asking for help but what can I do? Is there something deep inside the audio settings I'm missing?

Sponsored links

Try what it says in the "No sound" part of the audio section of my guide: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Gen...#pid391513

Even if you have sound elsewhere, this still may be the problem.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-05-2014, 07:32 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Try what it says in the "No sound" part of the audio section of my guide: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Gen...#pid391513

Thanks, I'll give that a try later. Hopefully it works :/
(08-05-2014, 07:32 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Try what it says in the "No sound" part of the audio section of my guide: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Gen...#pid391513

Ok now that I have tried it the sound seems somewhat "different" on my tv. IT could be just my imagination but does changing that setting alter sound quality in any way?
The speakers of your notebook are probably not the same as of your pc or?

Btw. Audio lag should not happen because of the length of the hdmi cable as long as you are in the specification. Electromagnetic signals travel much faster than any commercial electronic device can handle (electronic response >>1ns, electromagnetic delay ~5ns/m). Audible lag is somewhere is in the millisecond range. So you would need something like several thousands of km cable to get an audible lag only due to the cable. But controller communication can be as slow as milliseconds. I would guess you that you have the same problem with a shorter cable (as long as you are in the specification)
It might alter the sound quality of PCSX2, but not the quality of anything else. And probably not even PCSX2.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-06-2014, 06:34 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It might alter the sound quality of PCSX2, but not the quality of anything else. And probably not even PCSX2.

What about the sound in terms of sound equalizers? I've found on the tv there's more low end in the sound and (occasionally) there's more low end on my laptop too, it's gotten to the point where some sounds in my game (persona 4) sound like stomach grumbles from a giant (I kid you not).
No, it shouldn't(actually couldn't) do any such thing. The only way it would change the sound quality(and ONLY for PCSX2) is if you changed the interpolation setting in SPU2-X.
(08-06-2014, 12:21 PM)willkuer Wrote: The speakers of your notebook are probably not the same as of your pc or?

Btw. Audio lag should not happen because of the length of the hdmi cable as long as you are in the specification. Electromagnetic signals travel much faster than any commercial electronic device can handle (electronic response >>1ns, electromagnetic delay ~5ns/m). Audible lag is somewhere is in the millisecond range. So you would need something like several thousands of km cable to get an audible lag only due to the cable. But controller communication can be as slow as milliseconds. I would guess you that you have the same problem with a shorter cable (as long as you are in the specification)

I just realised that, as it turns out some of the wiring in the cable was faulty and I replaced the cable. Afterwards I played around with some settings and got it to work. I still have the controller lag though but since I don't play action intense ps2 games I guess that's ok?
I was gonna guess your cable, actually. Damn I wish I had posted that, now I would look cool.

As for lag, it could be some kind of processing on your TV? Using a non native resolution will introduce lag for instance.