No "Unscale Point Line" hack
Ok I found the issue. Actually previous frame is a draw to 0x3F00 (end of memory is 0x4000). You guess it right the GS memory wrap at the end. So 0x4000 == 0x0...

Sponsored links

I implemented a solution on Linux (sorry it isn't cross platform). The FMV is fine on my GSdump with the SW renderer.

For the HW renderer, it is currently impossible with the current texture cache. The only way will be to add a hack to select buffer 0x3f00 when we do a lookup of 0. And there is likely another texture cache bug (if I manage to fix it, it will flicker).

Edit: Code is live on master.
Sorry that went a little over my head, so it's an issue the devs will have to solve at some point in the future?
Yeah, I can confirm the SH3 FMV now works in software mode.
You're on Linux, right?
Still flickering on windows 7, here (japanese version)... Indeed, it's not cross-plateform as Gregory said... :-/
_____
Intel Core i7-5820K/16GB DDR4/GeForce RTX 2070 Super/MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard
...some of my PS2 games videos...
(10-27-2016, 10:29 PM)Parotaku Wrote: You're on Linux, right?
Still flickering on windows 7, here (japanese version)... Indeed, it's not cross-plateform as Gregory said... :-/
No. I'm on Windows. I don't want to go through the trouble of setting up a Linux build to test it, so I ported it to Windows instead. EDIT: There is an issue with the original fix, though it doesn't seem to break the FMV.
To be honest I'm not sure it could fully work. I did only a quick fix before taking the plane Wink Potentially maybe it can be done in a more cross-platform way.
(10-28-2016, 12:36 PM)gregory Wrote: To be honest I'm not sure it could fully work. I did only a quick fix before taking the plane Wink Potentially maybe it can be done in a more cross-platform way.
It does fully work(in SH3). The issue is that you do mmap several times in the for loop, but never unmap those, causing mmapping to fail on subsequent tries.
Oh! Barely tested it. I unmap the repeat * size region. I will check the process mapping after F9 toggling. Minor issue Wink
The unmap might just be a difference between Windows and Linux.

(10-27-2016, 10:32 PM)FlatOut Wrote: No. I'm on Windows. I don't want to go through the trouble of setting up a Linux build to test it, so I ported it to Windows instead. EDIT: There is an issue with the original fix, though it doesn't seem to break the FMV.

*cough* PR *cough*