No good FPS without maxing speedhacks
knwoing saiki, I believe he tweaked some gsdx hacks to achieve those speeds.
But I'm not sure that is what the OP wants Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

I'm at 3 GHz and a pretty good GFX card, and I average 35 (maybe 38-39) FPS w/o speed hacks in GOW2. I use native res and I've tried Directx 9 and 11 (both seem to be the same). I'm not sure what you mean by the min/max settings. I assume you mean Frame limiter which I have disabled and enabled with no noticeable change.
Let's just set this completely straight I don't OWN God Of War 1 OR 2. I went to a friend and I said "Hey, I want to play these games front to back, can I borrow them from you to play on PCSX2?" And he gave them to me, I returned them once I finished the game. They are NOT in my possession, though I am trying to get GoW1 back to play it again so I can finish it (there were bugs preventing me from doing so, those have passed, now it's theoretically possible)

(12-22-2010, 09:44 AM)jesalvein Wrote: knwoing saiki, I believe he tweaked some gsdx hacks to achieve those speeds.
But I'm not sure that is what the OP wants Wink

nope, straight GUI modifications, actually (from the gui, not changing it)

Quote:I assume you mean Frame limiter which I have disabled and enabled with no noticeable change.

I mean the microVU speedhack called min/max
(12-22-2010, 06:10 PM)Saiki Wrote: the microVU speedhack called min/max

Ok yeah, thats the only speed hack I don't use and I'm getting 35 FPS or so.

Overclocking your CPU more than 3.2 GHz from 2.8 GHz is dangerous and could burn out your CPU, Be careful.
(12-23-2010, 06:16 AM)LeoGamer Wrote: Overclocking your CPU more than 3.2 GHz from 2.8 GHz is dangerous and could burn out your CPU, Be careful.

Shouldn't be too dangerous with proper cooling ya think? I was thinking a 20% OC which most OC'ers would see as only moderate OCing it seems for a Q9550.
For reference, my Q6600 has been stable at 3.2ghz for nearly 3 years now on Mediocre cooling (Arctic Freezer Pro 7 - £30). With better ram I'd get a stable 3.6 (can get it there now but it's not entirely stable).. 3.2 from 2.8 is a tiny tiny overclock imho.
(12-23-2010, 03:13 PM)Meth Wrote: For reference, my Q6600 has been stable at 3.2ghz for nearly 3 years now on Mediocre cooling (Arctic Freezer Pro 7 - £30). With better ram I'd get a stable 3.6 (can get it there now but it's not entirely stable).. 3.2 from 2.8 is a tiny tiny overclock imho.

Glad to hear your Q6600 has been running strong for 3 yrs now. I just got my Arctic Freezer Pro 7 yesterdaySmile Its a big SOB. Here it was $30 (about 19 quid). We'll see if I can get her to 3.4. My problem is my motherboard which is not the best OC'er. I can't even hit 3.0 with my Q8300.
Ok Got my Q9550 running @ 3.35Ghz with very impressive FPS improvement on GOW2. I'm regularly between 40-50 FPS, while only dipping into 35 FPS on a few scenes. The slower scenes seem to be ones where there is greater depth of field. I sure wish I could OC this thing a bit more but I've seem to hit a wall for my G41 motherboard at 390 or so on the FSB. I can actually live with the game play as it really doesn't slow down enough for me to notice too much. All this without speed hacks (native res).

I'm trying to use 3x scaling and it actually looks real nice, but there is some ghosting on some objects and of course the characters. Kind of too annoying to make it worth it. I was wondering how do you turn on AA for hardware? I don't see the hack line in the ini file.
Try using frameskip. I actually have my "Turbo" speed as 100% so if I get any places with slowdown I just hit tab to put the limiter on Turbo (which enables frameskip) and it brings the frames back up to full, then tab again when it's not needed.