No more slowdown
(03-19-2013, 12:40 PM)billyash Wrote: that's why we should increase percentage base framerate (we call it framelimit) to achieve standard fps ntsc=60 pal =50 (of course with calculation)

Yep, the point is to tell the emulator "where" to get actual values to make the timings. That's the reason for saying that simply changing the ini will just confuse the emulator.

PS: Billyash, the idea looks good, but to really work as should it must not break "synchronizations", that's all I mean. As yourself noticed, this already happened with the sound losing synchronization in your very test scenario, what can be said about general scenarios?
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(03-19-2013, 12:49 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Yep, the point is to tell the emulator "where" to get actual values to make the timings. That's the reason for saying that simply changing the ini will just confuse the emulator.

PS: Billyash, the idea looks good, but to really work as should it must not break "synchronizations", that's all I mean. As yourself noticed, this already happened with the sound losing synchronization in your very test scenario, what can be said about general scenarios?

i mean increase framelimiter if fps game low ( we should calculate percentage so the game get standard fps) e.g in .ini
-ntscframerate=33fps so we must increase limiter= 167%
-ntscframerate=33 so increase limiter=188%
(03-19-2013, 01:37 PM)billyash Wrote: i mean increase framelimiter if fps game low ( we should calculate percentage so the game get standard fps) e.g in .ini
-ntscframerate=33fps so we must increase limiter= 167%
-ntscframerate=33 so increase limiter=188%

I do understand you mean having the "nominal" FPS, that was understood from start. The pointed issues are due to FPS by itself is not the problem in this particular case but how the whole system respond to that tweak.

Albeit you may get "real" 60 FPS output, it may come at very high cost, worse sometimes than those from excess speedhacks, at least not different from them.

To be accepted as actual performance improvement the procedure MUST NOT break things.

As stated before, those who can't get the system working at acceptable speed with the normal hacks could, even should attempt that ini tweak. But, for obvious reasons it can't be recommended in general fashion, least yet officially recommended.

Remember, more important than how many times you sample the image is how the image behaves, and yet more important is how the whole system interacts.

PS: In your "quest" for acceptable image pace you are willing to accept sound issues, to some this may not be acceptable at all.

Edit: to highlight I'm not against the idea, just than as any other "hack" it must be done carefully and in this particular case, each case is a case.

PS: Besides, once upon a time these "settings" were not grayed out in the GUI config... they were turned so because people was already attempting it and breaking things more than helping them.
I hope dev, grant my request Sad on my thread
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Request-for-dev
This thread has connection with thread above, coz my thread above seem to be underestimated Sad
Please support this idea Smile . Thank you
Hi billyash,thanks for all your effort.i appreciate settings.now my game run at full speed even in 2x native.now i can enjoy playing my favourite games in some HD resolution.but one problem audio is broken in cutscenes.how i can fix that?? Thanks in Advance!!! Smile
(03-19-2013, 05:18 PM)Preet Wrote: Hi billyash,thanks for all your effort.i appreciate settings.now my game run at full speed even in 2x native.now i can enjoy playing my favourite games in some HD resolution.but one problem audio is broken in cutscenes.how i can fix that?? Thanks in Advance!!! Smile

the sound issues can't be fixed. sound runs at 60fps, no matter what the game is set to run at.

There's alternatives to messing with your framerate if you search about
(03-19-2013, 02:59 PM)billyash Wrote: I hope dev, grant my request Sad on my thread
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Request-for-dev
This thread has connection with thread above, coz my thread above seem to be underestimated Sad
Please support this idea Smile . Thank you

You can be sure the devs are attentive to every suggestion to increase performance and or accuracy. But that must be done properly, in a way to not break things.

For now it is still useful and a possible solution to people having difficulty getting the game running at full speed, as a particular decision. Like the other hacks it may work with certain games without any perceptible drawbacks or break things badly in another game.

As in the former post PS (which may haven't be seen), that setting was once modifiable at the GUI, and is grayed out now exactly because it was breaking things hardly in many games.

One should try such drastic measures only after everything else failed.
To be in peace with my conscience I tried those settings with a few games in my system. The most demanding ones, which could really enjoy some performance, like Zone of Enders actually had the FPS decreased by fair amount and (at least in my system, none the games got a boost).

So, this is a highly dependent tweak, not only on the game, it seems but the machine itself.

Edit: there is another point to take into account, if not done properly the ini returns to the previous value on the GUI and then the increase on the framelimiter percentage becomes the only acting parameter what could lead to mistaken interpretation of the result.

So, to be sure the changes were kept one should reopen the ini and verify the values there.

To grant the values one must start the emulator with them already in place, the values at the GUI will be rewritten into the ini when quitting.

I wish I could test it with GoW (reported to use this kind of trick in the game itself), that could bring interesting results.
(03-19-2013, 05:28 PM)Saiki Wrote: the sound issues can't be fixed. sound runs at 60fps, no matter what the game is set to run at.

There's alternatives to messing with your framerate if you search about

there's alternatives to messing with your framerate if you serach about
sorry i didn't get that.can u explain more. (my english is not good)
look in my sig, for one..