No more slowdown
Lightbulb 
Smile first of all Im sorry if I make thread so often. Please test and comment
After long time try to configure setting I found out. Setting make Pcsx2 faster. Here setting:
Emulation setting: all default
Baseframerate 167 % or use turbo mode for skipping with same value for turbo adjust
Speedhack : yes without EEand VU slider
Video : gsdx with native res,allow 8 bit, Audio : ZeroSPU2 (I use r5403)
use Real time mode
Change value PCSX2_vm.ini
Frameratentsc=36 ,framerate pal=30
That's all my setting do Please,please test before comment. Smile thank you

Sponsored links

Your settings will break tons of games, so no we would never recommend them. You're lucky those you try don't crash, messing with the base frame rate of games is very bad practice.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Really? what game are they? And break what?
I think the only problem is sound only coz audio skipped.
I think one of the main testers would know more than you...
Finally I start to understand what you are after, but I keep that changing the ini is not the answer although may work for some people and some game.

The point is you may have hit a real way to improve performance in some games if is found a way to identify the actual FPS the game run on PS2 and adjust the respective modules without breaking the general timings. I believe rendering at lower FPS and then adjusting the output is a resource PS2 itself uses to allow demanding games to keep steady 60 FPS needed by the TV standard (or 50 FPS for the common PAL).

PS: In a sense that need for 60/50 FPS makes sense only because the console being tied to TV and having the synchronization tied to the frame rate, where in PC the sync is done in real time being almost independent on the FPS.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-18-2013, 06:09 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Finally I start to understand what you are after, but I keep that changing the ini is not the answer although may work for some people and some game..
because We input constant value, if pcsx2 give check automatic (I Mean if game above ntsc=42fps and pal=40fps there no need framerate change, if below those fps then framerate will decrease and increase percentage baseframerate as my setting). That my estimation Smile
Thanks a lot bilyash.now i can play my favourite games in 2x native.thanks!!!! Smile
(03-19-2013, 01:54 AM)billyash Wrote: because We input constant value, if pcsx2 give check automatic (I Mean if game above ntsc=42fps and pal=40fps there no need framerate change, if below those fps then framerate will decrease and increase percentage baseframerate as my setting). That my estimation Smile

I mean to really work that should be implemented into the emulator's core, in the proper modules so the timings are kept, no synchronization is lost, no sound issues... this kind of thing.

Sometime ago that subject was introduced in talks about GoW. Maybe it should have get more attention.

Changing the settings in the ini can't be suggested as general procedure. I mean not as "official" procedure, but of course could be attempted by those really craving for the last drop of performance and are aware of the potential issues.

PS: Should be noticed that in actual PS2, does not matter the renderization rate the actual FPS still needs to be the standard. In fact is noticeable many people don't really understand that subtle difference about renderizing rate, FPS and sometimes even the monitor refresh rate. That is further complicated because PCSX2 needs to emulate the PS2 output which needs to be so rigidly kept at the TV standard the same way the PC monitor needs to be granted stead refresh rate (in this case the two have similar meaning). The two reasons to have 60 or 50 "FPS" are first, for the emulation sake since is how it is in the actual machine and, second: because most timings are done based on it.

In actual TV the interlacing was created so the image could be presented at high enough FPS but sampled at half of the image also, like one frame skipping all even numbered lines and the other the odd numbered lines to spare the much needed bandwidth at the time. That is not the same as the case exposed above where complete frames are generated at lower pace.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I hope dev hear me Sad , so nosisab are your slow game won't slow anymore? I guess slow video gain speed too Smile.
It may take some experiment too to find proper framerate and percentage baseframerate.

(03-19-2013, 11:08 AM)Preet Wrote: Thanks a lot bilyash.now i can play my favourite games in 2x native.thanks!!!! Smile

really? The only issue is sound only I guess Smile, please add rep to me Tongue2
(03-19-2013, 12:03 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: PS: Should be noticed that in actual PS2, does not matter the renderization rate the actual FPS still needs to be the standard.
that's why we should increase percentage base framerate (we call it framelimit) to achieve standard fps ntsc=60 pal =50 (of course with calculation)
And about shaking I think about framebuffer, this based on my experience using dolphin, I ever try to convert ntsc to pal and use real xbf the screen become shaking.