Non-Answer Problem
Anyone ? I tried a lot of things for weeks ! Maybe there's only a little thing to do but I can't find it and really want to use PCSX2

Sponsored links

1- dont bump after 12 mn.
This is a forum, not a chat.
2 - you said you have been using lots of versions.
Which ones?
Where did you get them ?
3-when your laptop freezes and shutdown. Do you have any bsod ? Anything in your windows event log ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
1- Okay, sorry

2- All from the official PCSX2 website, I tried the three types of the latest stable version 1.0.0 and the 0.9.8 in every compatibility mode possible, on admin mode or not etc. Not so much ^^

3- In fact, the pointer still can move but all the computer freeze after 5sec I clicked on the .exe so I deduce it's the explorer which freeze, then I have to push the on/off button longer in order to shutdown the laptop. I can't even open the task manager to run explorer again etc. I absolutely can do nothing but move the pointer.

I have no bsod and the event log only list the force shutdown I done.
just out of curiosity try malwarebytes it's free and i know does no harm to your pc (i use it allot on family and friends pc's)

kinda reminds me of when my uncle had problems running exe's turned out to be malware

have you saved your bios from your playstation 2 (it's needed btw, not to run the exe, but to run pcsx2)

also as your new here, just a reminder that we aren't allowed to talk about any games that have been downloaded or places to get them (you have to actually own the game to talk about it ,and actually own a playstation 2

sorry to have to mention that but rules are rulesBlush
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
have you got the latest direct x installed ?

have you the latest dotNetFx installed ?

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

oops didn't see Black Ops had already asked you that question Blush
have you tried updating you graphics drivers
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

I don't thing pcsx2 freezing has anything to do with something missing(that pcsx2 require)
PS.dr emulator (madmax),pcsx2 don't need .Net
Yep don't worry, I know the disclaimer, I dumped my PS2 bios and create an iso of my MGS2

According to what I understood, I have two graphic cards (is that possible ?!) :

- Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Memory Bandwith : 10.7gb/s
Temperature : 60°c
Fan Speed : Don't know where to find it :X
Pixel Shader : 12 Unified
Pixel Fillrate : 0.7 GPixels/s

Btw I saw Direct X support : 10.1/SM4.1 , but I've also tried to launch PCSX2 with the other graphic card which has a Direct X support : 11.0/SM5.0 so .. I guess it's not the problem

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX
Memory Bandwith : 14.4GB/s
Temperature : 55°c
Fan Speed : X
Pixel Shader : 48 unified
Pixel Fillrate : 1.8 GPixels/s

Yep, my directx and microsoft package are update
(08-05-2013, 05:23 PM)vsub Wrote: I don't thing pcsx2 freezing has anything to do with something missing(that pcsx2 require)
PS.dr emulator (madmax),pcsx2 don't need .Net
i see strange i thought it did, oh well ya learn something new every daySmile

(08-05-2013, 05:28 PM)Naruto1005 Wrote: Yep don't worry, I know the disclaimer, I dumped my PS2 bios and create an iso of my MGS2

According to what I understood, I have two graphic cards (is that possible ?!) :

- Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Memory Bandwith : 10.7gb/s
Temperature : 60°c
Fan Speed : Don't know where to find it :X
Pixel Shader : 12 Unified
Pixel Fillrate : 0.7 GPixels/s

Btw I saw Direct X support : 10.1/SM4.1 , but I've also tried to launch PCSX2 with the other graphic card which has a Direct X support : 11.0/SM5.0 so .. I guess it's not the problem

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX
Memory Bandwith : 14.4GB/s
Temperature : 55°c
Fan Speed : X
Pixel Shader : 48 unified
Pixel Fillrate : 1.8 GPixels/s

Yep, my directx and microsoft package are update

have you tried malwarebytes? i'm thinking you either have malware that's preventing you from running pcsx2 or your antivirus may be blocking it from running, you may need to add pcsx2 to the trusted list

another thing besides the above, could be your laptop not downloading it correctly (ye guys that is a huge longshot but might happen if something is wrong)
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Yep I tried Malwarebytes and also Microsoft Security Essentials, both on Quick Mode.
I desactivate both when I try to run PCSX2..

Not correctly downloading what ?
What's ur OS?