Nonstop crashing... Games/Bios wont even start
I'm no noob I was a member under the previous forums and I've never had any trouble with pcsx2 at all. Now I'm using the playground edition and all was working fine. I just purchased a new hard drive and installed Windows Vista x64. I transferred all the files I use onto the new hard drive and every file was working perfectly. At first I thought I had a bad rip from my Star Ocean till the end of time, but when I clicked execute the Bios would start up for about 5 seconds and then it would crash asking to close now or send error message which is exactly what happened when I tried starting up the iso file. Any help would be great. My system specs are a 8800GT, 4gb DDR2-800, e5200 @ 3.2 ghz. I tried messing around with all the plugins and switched through both Zerogs and Gsdx plugins, and mtgs is on as well.

Sponsored links

(02-21-2009, 12:51 AM)Koolaidsred1 Wrote: I'm no noob I was a member under the previous forums and I've never had any trouble with pcsx2 at all. Now I'm using the playground edition and all was working fine. I just purchased a new hard drive and installed Windows Vista x64. I transferred all the files I use onto the new hard drive and every file was working perfectly. At first I thought I had a bad rip from my Star Ocean till the end of time, but when I clicked execute the Bios would start up for about 5 seconds and then it would crash asking to close now or send error message which is exactly what happened when I tried starting up the iso file. Any help would be great. My system specs are a 8800GT, 4gb DDR2-800, e5200 @ 3.2 ghz. I tried messing around with all the plugins and switched through both Zerogs and Gsdx plugins, and mtgs is on as well.
I realized it was my iso after this whole time. So I'm going to rip it again and I'll post back if it doesn't work.

Try to rip your game disc again
use the EFP ISO driver to accurately rip your game disc to iso
Config---->Get from disc
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-21-2009, 02:03 AM)tallbender Wrote:
(02-21-2009, 12:51 AM)Koolaidsred1 Wrote: I'm no noob I was a member under the previous forums and I've never had any trouble with pcsx2 at all. Now I'm using the playground edition and all was working fine. I just purchased a new hard drive and installed Windows Vista x64. I transferred all the files I use onto the new hard drive and every file was working perfectly. At first I thought I had a bad rip from my Star Ocean till the end of time, but when I clicked execute the Bios would start up for about 5 seconds and then it would crash asking to close now or send error message which is exactly what happened when I tried starting up the iso file. Any help would be great. My system specs are a 8800GT, 4gb DDR2-800, e5200 @ 3.2 ghz. I tried messing around with all the plugins and switched through both Zerogs and Gsdx plugins, and mtgs is on as well.
I realized it was my iso after this whole time. So I'm going to rip it again and I'll post back if it doesn't work.

Try to rip your game disc again
use the EFP ISO driver to accurately rip your game disc to iso
Config---->Get from disc
will do thanks for the reply.
Make sure the ADD/SUB gamefix is Enabled.

All Tri-ace games require this fix in order to boot past their encryption check. It's not enabled by default because it's a very slow bit-perfect implementation of the PS2's VU1 floating point unit.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(02-21-2009, 05:07 AM)Air Wrote: Make sure the ADD/SUB gamefix is Enabled.

All Tri-ace games require this fix in order to boot past their encryption check. It's not enabled by default because it's a very slow bit-perfect implementation of the PS2's VU1 floating point unit.

Will do thanks
Forget it after emssing around with it long enough I've gotten everything working flawlessly..... Thanks for the help though.