Noob + Japanese Game = No happy fun time
So I was all excited when I received a pachinko game sent from Japan today (Neon Genesis Evangelion Capture Series Vol. 1) and I made an ISO of it so I could play it on my computer while away from home. I haven't used pcsx2 before, but I got the emulator up and running and could get the bios to work and give me a functioning ps2 emulator with working memory cards and all. But when I tried to launch the ISO all i got was a black screen that was running nothing. Is there something I can do about this, like change graphic settings or find a plugin, or is it just a game that is not compatible and I am screwed?

Sponsored links

Post your computer specs, as well as your plugin configurations. Screen shots are the best way to do this.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Does the PCSX2 console window show any kind of error when the problem happens?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
RAM: 1022MB
Display Adaptor: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = d
x86Family = Intel pentium dual cpu t2330
CPU speed = 1.596 ghz
Cores = 2 physical (2 logical)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e39d
x86EFlags = 20100000

The current configuration is below, but I have tried many possible derivatives and nothing has worked.

Graphics: ZeroGS 0.97.1
Sound: SeroSPU2r1455 0.4.6
First Controller: LilyPad svn (r1681) 0.10.0
Second Controller: Same as above
Cdvdrom Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.4.0
Usb: USBnull Driver 0.6.0
FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.5.0
Bios - I've tried USA V2 and Japan V1

No errors come up in the code window and only this looks fishy "XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found. Resuming execution without a patch <this is not an error>
patchnumber:0

I can put up a screen capture and get you any other information you need, but it might have to wait until tomorrow afternoon - It's getting late tonight and I have my first med school exam tomorrow.

Thnx for the fast response btw!
You should use GSdx and I don't have them... I forget what it is but I thought Japan v1 bios were the ssch or whatever it is beginning with 10000, which doesn't support as many games or something like that?

Everything else is fine for plugins.

Your ram is way too low for vista even, try getting at least 2 GB... and that processor is too slow. I think you're going to need something at least 2.4 Ghz or higher.
Currently Playing on PCSX2: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ @ 2.1 Ghz and Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE (Playable isn't full speed)
Your GPU, CPU, and ram are all under preferred req's.
[Image: hah.jpg]
lol, and i thought mine is the sh**iest spec around here already.

I cant help with your problem, but with the black screen, try reading what the console says and post any errors from there. Or perhaps asks someone how to post the log here and they can help with that?
Ok here's two screen shots i took, sorry they aren't the best quality i just did a quick prnt scrn. It doesn't look like there are any errors that come up and the cpu is only at 3%. I know the specs suck, but I don't care about frame rate as long as the game plays - it's pachinko so i'll just be pressing one button and there is no timing to worry about. I switched back to using a GSX graphics plugin. If there's anything else i can put up to help just let me know and i'll try to get it up asap.

Attached Files
.doc   screen shot.doc (Size: 937,5 KB / Downloads: 261)
If the game was listed on the PCSX2 compat list, it would be listed as None. Or in other words, PCSX2 cannot run this title. Won't work. It does something that the emulator isn't implementing correctly, and causes it to enter an infinite loop.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team