Noob questions
Tongue 
helloLaugh
i m new to ps2 emulation and i have few question:
This is my configuration.
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4072 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Vendor/Model = Genuine Intel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 3.409 GHz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbae3ff
x86EFlags = 28100000
Graphic card is a nvidia geforce 460 gtx 1gb
I already know by reading various guides that i should be able to run most games without too many problems. But I don t understand if i should use HW emulation or SHW emulation, from what I understand is that HW emulation uses graphic card and cpu, meanwhile SHW uses Only cpu. Unfortunately I will not be able to test the emulator until I don t receive the copies of game that I bought from Amazon. The games I bought are final fantasy x and final fantasy 12(for only 8 quid).Also i would like to play to those game in hd(is that possible with my configuration?).I also read that the HT mode of my i7 is not really good for pcsx2 so should i disable it or not? The resolution on which i would like to play (normally) is 1600/900(my monitor resolution) is my hardware good for that kind of resolution? At the moment I have a Xbox 360 controller and a ps3 controller which one would you suggest but most importantly which one is the easiest one to configure? I’m very excited to be able to play ps2 game on my pc thank you!! HappyHappy

PS
One last thing my current bios extracted from my ps2 is " Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console"(i just copied the reading from the pcsx2 configuration page.Is that good ? thank you

Sponsored links

(01-17-2012, 09:55 PM)sephiroth09 Wrote: helloLaugh
i m new to ps2 emulation and i have few question:
This is my configuration.
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4072 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Vendor/Model = Genuine Intel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 3.409 GHz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbae3ff
x86EFlags = 28100000
Graphic card is a nvidia geforce 460 gtx 1gb
I already know by reading various guides that i should be able to run most games without too many problems. But I don t understand if i should use HW emulation or SHW emulation, from what I understand is that HW emulation uses graphic card and cpu, meanwhile SHW uses Only cpu. Unfortunately I will not be able to test the emulator until I don t receive the copies of game that I bought from Amazon. The games I bought are final fantasy x and final fantasy 12(for only 8 quid).Also i would like to play to those game in hd(is that possible with my configuration?).I also read that the HT mode of my i7 is not really good for pcsx2 so should i disable it or not? The resolution on which i would like to play (normally) is 1600/900(my monitor resolution) is my hardware good for that kind of resolution? At the moment I have a Xbox 360 controller and a ps3 controller which one would you suggest but most importantly which one is the easiest one to configure? I’m very excited to be able to play ps2 game on my pc thank you!! HappyHappy

PS
One last thing my current bios extracted from my ps2 is " Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console"(i just copied the reading from the pcsx2 configuration page.Is that good ? thank you

there is no such thing called SWH mode to start with it is SW = SoftWare Smile

the BIOS is good i will give you a hint if the BIOS isn't the first one created ( Japan V1.0 ) it will work OK

and for now no one prove that HT give either negitive or postive effect on PCSX2 so just keep it activated Tongue

and HW mode should be used most of the time and only use SW mode when having visual bugs !

and for FFX AND FFXII you can use that resoultion all the time Smile

and for Xbox360 and PS3 controller i have no idea use what it suite you Wink

good luck using PCSX2
What's your personal preference of the controllers? If you want to use a PS3 controller with PCSX2, visit here http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

If you would rather use an Xbox 360 controller, from what I've heard it can be as simple as just plugging the controller into one of the USB ports and it is ready to be used, or you have to get the correct drivers for it (never had an Xbox so I'm not too knowledgeable.)
(01-17-2012, 10:04 PM)abdo123 Wrote: there is no such thing called SWH mode to start with it is SW = SoftWare Smile

the BIOS is good i will give you a hint if the BIOS isn't the first one created ( Japan V1.0 ) it will work OK

and for now no one prove that HT give either negitive or postive effect on PCSX2 so just keep it activated Tongue

and HW mode should be used most of the time and only use SW mode when having visual bugs !

and for FFX AND FFXII you can use that resoultion all the time Smile

and for Xbox360 and PS3 controller i have no idea use what it suite you Wink

good luck using PCSX2

hi thanks for the quick answerSmile. Before buying more games i would like to know if the game would work well with the emulator, there is any list or guide where i can check? the games i have in my mind are kingdom hearts 2, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, jak3, Destroy All HumansBiggrin. thank youHappy
From what I seen so far with my results, HT off when using MTVU off on HW mode or SW with 3 threads or less, or MTVU on with SW mode 2 threads or less for /most/ games gives a negligible small speedup but its really small, and of coarse when you want to go full SW mode with 6 or 7 threads HT on clearly shows.
-Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 GHz
-GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 5
-G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 14-13-13-30-1T
-EVGA GTX 970 4GB @ 1380/1853 MHz
-Crucial MX100 512GB, Silicon Power S60 120GB, Toshiba 2TB 7200 RPM
-PC P & C Silencer 750 Quad
-Windows 7 x64

-----

-Core i7 4710MQ
-16GB DDR3 1866
-GTX 965M 4GB @ 1127/1353 MHz
-Mushkin ECO2 240GB, HGST 1TB 7200 RPM
-Windows 7 x64
Use the compatibility section (http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key) to search through the status of games. Most will be very compatible (doesn't necessarily mean full FPS though.)
I've had Hyper-Threading cause lower and less stable FPS before with an i5-650.
The proof is in the CPU benchmark thread.

FYI - The 54fps with HT on was on a high jump in the FPS. I bounced around a lot, but was mostly staying around 48-52fps. When HT was turned off, it was as stable as could be at ~58fps.

It is, however, not something every user/processor is going to experience.
Just possible, and I thought that was proof. Tongue

One other thing I see possible is a processor not engaging it's Turbo Boost at all due to the use of the extra threads HT makes available. Simply disabling it would be the work-around in this case, and would net you extra Mhz on you CPU clock, which can be very precious.

In general, it's best each person just let's themself see how their processor behaves for them. Knowing what's possible just makes it easier to see what's happening in these cases if they occur. In the end, the extra threading can prove useful with PCSX2 these days (with SW rendering or MTVU). Smile
thank everyone for your answers.
Could any of you suggest me which speed hack i should always keep ONBlink?. when i go on the speedhack configuration panel i find on the top a message that recommend me to don t activate any speedhack because some of them could cause some bug or glitch. But under i find some option like"microvu or intc" where i can see the message “Recommend".thank youSmile
Only use speed hacks if you have speed issues with some game, which i certainly doubt you will with that processor. But in case you do, start by checking all the [recommended] ones since these are the safest ones.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
thank everyone the only thing left is wait for the games to arrive and see if everything work fine(after that ill start to play with some option so that i can improve the quality of the video and sound)

thank you!!!!