Noobie having problems...surprised?
(06-25-2013, 11:06 PM)Helix Wrote: I think I figured out why they are not working.

It appears the .pnach file I pulled them out of was a PAL file and I am on ntsc. My monster hunter is a SLUS.

I'm not sure how to fix that. I am going through the search results that I just got when I did a search on "converting pal patches to ntsc"...several threads have came up so I got some reading to do.

On a side note. I got omniconverter and the pcsx2 converter...but something I noticed with my first failed attempt. (take that back...my continuing failed attempts).

I ran a series of game shark codes for another game, got the raw converts and then put them into the pcsx2 converter...However, I got some error codes in omniconverter...which I guess means it was the wrong version of game shark I was attempting to convert. Omniconverter has these options... Gameshark>Interact>version 1 or version 2...or...there is Gameshark>madcatz>version 3-4 or version 5+

Is there any way of knowing what version a code is or is it just trial and error?

BTW...why can't I cut and paste nto pcs2 converter input screen? I am a horrible typist. I'm sure there is something I am missing here because cutting and pasting and long form typing is not going to save anyone's @ss from copy write infringement...you take a "for money" cheat code...plug it into omniconverter...get a raw code and then add the clever little bit's of text to create a pnach file. Forcing someone to do it longhand and not "cut and paste" is not going to save anyone...I don't get it...

Totally trial and error based on the type of cheat. If the code looks raw, it will do Tongue

And i have no idea what you're ranting about with omniconvert. Is your complaining about having to type the "patch=1,EE," and such for all the converted cheats?

Sponsored links

Yeah...it was a rant....pay no attention to the wild-eyed crazy man with the game controller....

That's cool...but what about the PAL to NTSC?

I gave up for now (on the MH "online quests available offline" and am playing another game i actually converted and got codes to work for....woo-hoo! I'm slightly clever and every once in awhile a blind squirrel finds an acorn...

I do want to finish the online quests of Monster Hunter offline...that was kind of the whole point...I never got to finish them before and I have managed to build an uber geared character so I'd like to see what kind of damage I can do on the final quests...I might not be able to do them solo....but I want to see how well I can do.
Oh well;p, for NTSC version you have to port the codes ie make them anew or easier find ones already made. For NTSC version there should be more codes already existing;p. Typically PAL has it worser, ie I had to port the code for attack multiplier myself(and ported it from MH2, since that the only one I had to compare;p hopefully they were similar), since there was none for PAL and doing online quest alone is overkill since you deal at best like 1/4 of dmg;p.
BTW to those codes you posted from the start, they're just a portion of online quests. I think there are way more of them;p. I found a site with better codes, that actually modify the table of quests which makes all descriptions visible:3. It has a list of all quests both online and offline and description how to build exactly the codes you want. Check it out - http://uk.gamespot.com/users/vicShadow/blog

As an example for NTSC version, we take the adress from Raw Meat 0x006526CC and ID from other one like Fata1 0x00651980 now we just combine it and for pcsx2 end with:
Code:
//change Quest Raw Meat to Fatalis *1
patch=1,EE,106526CC,extended,00001980
You can see two things I changed the 0x0 from the adress changed to 0x1 to point how long is the code and I also changed the 0x0065 from quest id to 0x0000. Made that cause I only have to replace 2 last bytes of the ID as they all have 0x65 before them;p You could as well write the code ~ 206526CC 00651980 - like that, but I'm being minimalistic with the codes, ie replace only what's needed ~ typically saferTongue.
Try it, you could just attach cheat engine to pcsx2 and replace the value of the adress of that raw meat quest with different ID's, I'm pretty much doing it that way;p since it's easier and less messy than replacing all quests with a limited choice of other ones.
(06-26-2013, 03:30 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Oh well;p, for NTSC version you have to port the codes ie make them anew or easier find ones already made. For NTSC version there should be more codes already existing;p. Typically PAL has it worser, ie I had to port the code for attack multiplier myself(and ported it from MH2, since that the only one I had to compare;p hopefully they were similar), since there was none for PAL and doing online quest alone is overkill since you deal at best like 1/4 of dmg;p.
BTW to those codes you posted from the start, they're just a portion of online quests. I think there are way more of them;p. I found a site with better codes, that actually modify the table of quests which makes all descriptions visible:3. It has a list of all quests both online and offline and description how to build exactly the codes you want. Check it out - http://uk.gamespot.com/users/vicShadow/blog

As an example for NTSC version, we take the adress from Raw Meat 0x006526CC and ID from other one like Fata1 0x00651980 now we just combine it and for pcsx2 end with:
Code:
//change Quest Raw Meat to Fatalis *1
patch=1,EE,106526CC,extended,00001980
You can see two things I changed the 0x0 from the adress changed to 0x1 to point how long is the code and I also changed the 0x0065 from quest id to 0x0000. Made that cause I only have to replace 2 last bytes of the ID as they all have 0x65 before them;p You could as well write the code ~ 206526CC 00651980 - like that, but I'm being minimalistic with the codes, ie replace only what's needed ~ typically saferTongue.
Try it, you could just attach cheat engine to pcsx2 and replace the value of the adress of that raw meat quest with different ID's, I'm pretty much doing it that way;p since it's easier and less messy than replacing all quests with a limited choice of other ones.

Thank you for the tip! The link to VicShadow paid off! I have access to the main quests now.

For those who are thick like me...here ya go if you want to do lao and Fatalis (and a couple other ones)

//Online quests available offline
//change Quest Raw Meat to troublesome pair 2
patch=1,EE,106526CC,extended,00001830

//change Quest well done to wyvern of land and sky
patch=1,EE,106526D0,extended,000018F0

//change Quest 3 items to 4 horns
patch=1,EE,106526D4,extended,00001860

//change Quest combination to two rock wyverns
patch=1,EE,106526D8,extended,000018C0

//change Quest Fishing to Giant dragon 1
patch=1,EE,106526DC,extended,00001920

//change Quest 3 velociprey to Giant dragon 2
patch=1,EE,106526E0,extended,00001A40

//change Quest 7 mushrooms to Fatalis 1
patch=1,EE,106526F4,extended,00001980

//change Quest 5 Kehlbi horns to Fatalis 2
patch=1,EE,106526F8,extended,000019B0

//change Quest 5 steaks to Fatalis 3
patch=1,EE,106526FC,extended,000019E0

//change Quest 1 wyvern egg to Fatalis 4
patch=1,EE,106526E8,extended,00001A10

I'm experimenting with one that lets you turn the quest timer on and off. It's not working quite right. It stops the timer, but the restart is not working.

Here's the code for that

//P1 Press L1+Select To Stop Quest Timer
patch=1,EE,D047829C,extended,0000FBFE
patch=1,EE,201F3FE4,extended,00000000

P1 Press L2+Select To Restart Quest Timer
patch=1,EE,D047829C,extended,0000FEFE
patch=1,EE,201F3FE4,extended,AC23A0C0

Bah...it's something to play with

Thanks for all the help folks.

P.S. I think I fixed the timer start and stop code...

I'm still a huge noob but I feel better that I got the quests unlocked.