Normal & specular map generation
I don't know if the PCSX2 team is interested in some day intergrating new graphics features to the rendering but if they are:

I'm currently working on a port of a PS2 game and I found a way of generating normal and specular maps. I should be able to make this into a tool where the community can make presets for games.

Example

Sponsored links

(12-13-2023, 10:05 PM)Rackneh Wrote: I don't know if the PCSX2 team is interested in some day intergrating new graphics features to the rendering but if they are:

I'm currently working on a port of a PS2 game and I found a way of generating normal and specular maps. I should be able to make this into a tool where the community can make presets for games.

Example

yeah man, do it, please.

Make an issue on pcsx2 github so the developers can see this
That would be absolutely fantastic!
Do it please
I figured out how to make normal and specular maps when porting a PS2 game. In theory, I should be able to turn this into a platform where users may contribute game setups.
(03-27-2024, 06:19 AM)miaoklo Wrote: I figured out how to make normal and specular maps when porting a PS2 game. In theory, I should be able to turn this into a platform where users may contribute game setups.

Sounds great!

Im making a remake of a hockey game on Dolphin using materials, so I can confirm how much of a difference such a feature can make.... youtu.be/mFnU15pxGLY?si=oUXYWOOmBiM0mmR0