Not on the Compatibility List?
Hey guys,

I've always played games first then think later but this time there seems to be a problem. Apparently the game is titled "Yu-gi-oh: GX Tag Force Evolution" (I got the limited edition on sale the other day) I just had to try it out. Unfortunately my PS2 broke down a couple of months ago (I play most of my games on the PCSX2) then when I tried it out this pop out message appeared (Something like "Reference Memory" or something) and when I checked the compatibility list it's not there.

My question is this, Could I play a game that's not on the compatibility list?
Games I finished on the PCSX2:

Final Fantasy (X, X-2, XII)
Yugioh: The Beginning of Destiny
Kingdom Hearts (I, II, II+Final Mix)
GoW (1 & 2)
.hack G.U. Series

Sponsored links

The games in the compatibility list are just know tested games by the PCSX2 beta testers, they don't have all games to test so not all games appear and well... they may work and may not work Tongue

Try the latest public beta with latest plugins update (march 2010), also show us screenshots of the error and your settings so we can try to help if it's not working on the beta either just don't get yout hopes up.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks for the quick reply.

Anyway, Here's a screenshot of the problem. The settings I use are basically set to defaults. It just happens in this one game.

Note: There is another thing that bugs me though. When I start the game it says in red lines
rom2 NOT FOUND

erom NOT FOUND

Attached Files
.bmp   untitled.bmp (Size: 34,75 KB / Downloads: 424)

GoW (1 & 2)
.hack G.U. Series
Just a wild guess. I think your pcsx2 is infected with a known virus named Win32 Sality bla2. But still, it can be played. Or not ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
errr....

Forget what I said about the "rom2 NOT FOUND" thing I used the older version of my PCSX2 (WAAAAAYYYYY OLD Version).

I checked around the forums and apparently some games aren't really compatible with PCSX2. Anyway, I'm still open for opinions and such to broaden my knowledge in the art of perfecting the PCSX2!
Biggrin

GoW (1 & 2)
.hack G.U. Series
OH well,, have u used the latest beta as shadow lady mentioned ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
That screenshot says nothing really, what error appears on the PCSX2 output window?
i also got the message "BIOS error: rom 2 not found".
and I'm using latest version.
CPU : Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.02GHz
Mobo : Gigabyte M57SLI-DS4
GPU : Geforce nvidia GTX275
RAM : 4096MB DDR2
rom1/rom2/erom missing are not errors, not all BIOS files come with those as far as I know.
(03-26-2010, 03:44 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: rom1/rom2/erom missing are not errors, not all BIOS files come with those as far as I know.

so there's nothing wrong with my pcsx2. TongueTongue
CPU : Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.02GHz
Mobo : Gigabyte M57SLI-DS4
GPU : Geforce nvidia GTX275
RAM : 4096MB DDR2