Not reading DVDs
Hi everyone! First time poster and trying to get my emulator to function. (Trying to play Xenosaga)

My drive is set to D: and set on plugin. I got it to work once after fiddling with the no disc option, going back and forth, closed it and never worked again.

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or point me to a good program to make reliable images?

Sponsored links

Quote:good program to make reliable images?

http://www.imgburn.com/

Go here for the best free iso maker for your disc. This is the preferred best way to play your games. Smile

Regarding your issue with your DVD player, maybe Windows OS is being stubborn not recognizing the disc. Could be bad driver. Maybe too much dust or a scratch on the disc. Windows 7 has given me many error messages and my DVD-rom would lock up and I can't even open it sometimes. I could not find a clear solution. Sometimes it would cooperate, and sometimes it wouldn't. Thankfully for me there's Linux. Smile
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

The image works great. Thanks!

Now i just need to configure it properly. Lagging like crazy still.
(03-08-2013, 06:43 AM)CausticSushi Wrote: The image works great. Thanks!

Now i just need to configure it properly. Lagging like crazy still.

To be able to help further we need to know the machine specs. Meanwhile you can try advancing EE cyclerate speedhack to the central position and then advancing VU cycle stealing a step at time and verifying the performance.

Depending on the machine (if more than 2 cores you should try MTVU, otherwise stay clear from it).

Edit: The game being played defines the needed machine's power. Xenosaga is on the demanding side and you'll need a fairly powerful machine to run it flawlessly.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-08-2013, 03:21 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: To be able to help further we need to know the machine specs. Meanwhile you can try advancing EE cyclerate speedhack to the central position and then advancing VU cycle stealing a step at time and verifying the performance.

Depending on the machine (if more than 2 cores you should try MTVU, otherwise stay clear from it).

Edit: The game being played defines the needed machine's power. Xenosaga is on the demanding side and you'll need a fairly powerful machine to run it flawlessly.

AMD Athon 64 X2 Dual Core 3.0Ghz
Geforce GTX 550 Ti
5GB of RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
The CPU is of an early architecture and so slower than more modern ones at same or even lower clock. You will have problems running this specific game at full speed I think.

That's specially true at the most demanding parts, still you may get somewhat acceptable speed in the bulk. To make thins worse Xenosaga is not friendly to speedhacks.
Imagination is where we are truly real