Not so much a bug, but a feature that was removed.
(02-21-2015, 11:00 PM)Ryudo Wrote: I like Blyss' idea as well. Just make an Enable/Disable option where it shows the exact codes in the console/emulog if enabled, or else just make it show the 'total amount' loaded instead like it used to be when it's disabled. (Shown in previous examples).

Previously it showed all the codes for widescreen patches, but none of the codes for "normal" cheats.

Now everything is the same between widescreen patches, normal cheats, games db patches, and automatic games fixes - every one of those patches which gets applied - shows fully but only ONCE at the console.

Sponsored links

Can you show comments as well or are they removed before you handle the patches?
(02-21-2015, 11:23 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you show comments as well or are they removed before you handle the patches?

It shows the comment when I enable widescreen patches and boot ICO.

If you have cheats files which have comments which don't get printed, attach one and I'll try to make it show.
It is not about the header comment. Normally a pnach file looks like:

Code:
comment=Persona 4 Cheats

// Max Courage
//patch=1,EE,007973F4,word,000000FF

// Inf Money
//patch=1,EE,2079B68C,word,05F5E0FF

// Inf Health
patch=1,EE,207973CC,word,000003E7
patch=1,EE,007973CC,word,000003E7

// Inf Spirit
patch=1,EE,207973CE,word,000003E7
patch=1,EE,007973CE,word,000003E7

The comment line "comment=Persona 4 Cheats' will be shown,
While "// Inf Spirit" will not be shown.
Can you show these not active lines? Maybe this will completely spam everything.
I can probably show also the // comments. Are you really sure we want them at the log? they don't get applied anyway, how do they help?
(02-21-2015, 11:38 PM)avih Wrote: I can probably show also the // comments. Are you really sure we want them at the log? they don't get applied anyway, how do they help?

Well if those lines are to be used for debugging, and if a patch isn't working, it tells us what it is meant to do, so we can suggest correct ones.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Probably we are really annoying you but:
Can you maybe hide the cheats that are applied from ws_cheats.zip? Since these normally are made by the pnach developers and double-checked they probably are not making any problems. If they are applied would be a nice information but you don't need to list all of them.

For the normal user made cheats (cheats folder and cheats_ws folder) I would say it would be nice to get the comments as well.
(02-21-2015, 11:45 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well if those lines are to be used for debugging, and if a patch isn't working, it tells us what it is meant to do, so we can suggest correct ones.

Send a pull request with however and whatever you want printed.

Use PatchesCon->WriteLn(...) to make it show once at boot.

Use DevCon.WriteLn(...) to show only if dev/verbose console source is enabled (always - both at boot time and whenever the patches are getting applied).
Changed the print of the actual patch lines to only print when in verbose mode.

summary:

By default, all the patching info - without the patch lines but including patch comment (not // comments though) is printed to console only once on boot.

If verbose is enabled, all patches info is printed whenever the patch gets applied - including the patch lines (also without // comments).

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/5e88afe
That seems like the best way IMO. Thanks. I was actually coming in here to go over this and have a bash at it with that way in mind.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD