Nuvee - PS1/PS2 input plugin supporting lightguns by Shalma
You're far too nice to me, Shalma. Truly, if there's a method of repayment, like even a gift card to an online retailer, I'd totally do it.

Unfortunately, the gamepad attempt was not a complete success. I set WiiMouse to PPJoy mode and went through Nuvee's Acquire procedure. (During which the WiiMote was detected as a Gamepad.) However, in-game (Time Crisis II and 3), the cursor stays on the right side of the window. (The cursor, being on the window's border, has "re-size" arrows.) Pressing buttons yielded no response.

Although, I have to say, the cursor, while anchored to the right side of the window, did move up and down as I moved the WiiMote. So, some commands are going through. I myself don't know what to make of that, but it seems like a big step in the right direction.

I'll continue testing to see if I get anywhere.
[Image: VdsVMGt.jpg]
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM

Sponsored links

This should fix another bunch of errors
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wxbzlu

- Keyboard lost focus (PAD + USB)
- PAD plugin lost focus (PADkeyEvent notifications)
- Mouse cursor alt-tab = no snap
- Snap GUI option
- (..) (can't remember)
- Some Joystick changes with input range (USB)

Quote:(The cursor, being on the window's border, has "re-size" arrows.) Pressing buttons yielded no response.

1 = that's curious. Is your window maximized by chance but not fullscreen?

2 = Can you check your PPJoy button choices?
#1 = left
#2 = right
#3 = middle

Quote:Although, I have to say, the cursor, while anchored to the right side of the window, did move up and down as I moved the WiiMote.

Tried changing Guncon2 sensitivity? 100.00 --> 10.000 or 1.0000 or 0.001?

I could try dumbing down the input range from 64 -> 32. Not so sure but it's a thought.

What I'm curious about is your 'idle' position. May have to make another build to detect this.

Quote:You're far too nice to me, Shalma. Truly, if there's a method of repayment, like even a gift card to an online retailer, I'd totally do it.

You're getting the typical treatment that anyone else gets. When I work for free that is. :lol:

Usually depends if I think I can fix the problem. And my willpower to help out.
More fixes (special build)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kh3rl2

- Fix regressions since last official release (PC lightguns, etc.)
- Ported USB changes to PAD (joystick, cursor, alt-tab, etc.)

- Created Resident Evil Survivor 2 profile
- Upgraded RES2 Guncon2 to working (use latest SVN)
(whole Guncon2 library should now work with nuvee)

NOTE: Tester says RES2 can be finicky with mouse calibration. So keep trying until it works.

So that -almost- puts us at nuvee r3. Just that WiiMote to look at still.
Going to commit another SVN build of nuvee (not r3 yet)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6jeze3

In short, a whole bag of bugs fixed up since last official build:
- 10-21-11 Other misc stuff
- 10-21-11 Upgrade RES2 to working (latest PCSX2 SVN)
- 10-21-11 Create Resident Evil Survivor 2 Guncon2 profile
- 10-21-11 Fix more stuff (USB mouse poll rate, keyboard polling, misc emulation)
- 10-21-11 Fix lots of stuff (alt-tab focus, snap cursor, PC lightgun + mouse, other regressions, other unnamed things)
- 10-21-11 Support joystick devices (PPJoy or else)

Lots of stuff you won't notice unless you alt-tab, multi-monitor, play windowed or use nuvee ps2 pad plugin.

edit: And just to remind people catching up, works with SVN builds.

What's new from the build above this post is:
- PS2 pad plugin will block excessive keyevents to emu (seems to lockup if too many are thrown within a short time)

Like WinGun, if changing the Guncon2 config sensitivity (100.0 -> 10 or 1.0 or 0.01 or smaller) doesn't fix the WiiMote joystick.. I may just drop this until someone else decides to fix it. Since I can't see what's happening with the data.

In case someone provides lots of debugging logs recorded with this:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bxbsrx
- upload guncon2-debug files and mention:
actual device used
which port
how you waved the device around

- there's no guarantee I'll be interested enough to look anymore. But someone else may point out something helpful though
Awesome news - I can get the WiiMote working in Nuvee under WiiMouse's PPJoy mode. There are some slight issues, which I'll explain, but it is finally working!

Here are the problems with the setup:

1) Floaty Cursor - With the WiiMote as a gamepad, the cursor floats around instead of being precise like a mouse. Even after adjusting Sensitivity settings in both Nuvee and WiiMouse, the cursor still acts like it's being commanded by a controller joystick instead of a pointer device. Is there a way to have Nuvee distinguish between the two?

2) Nunchuck as the D-Pad - In WiiMouse, I can set the joystick axis controls for the X and Y coordinates only. (That would make setting individual directions, like "Up = Keyboard Up" impossible.) Admittedly, I don't have a Nunchuck just yet, so I don't know if Nuvee can detect which Axis is the D-Pad. A worst-case scenario would be to connect a Classic Controller and set individual directions to its D-Pad. I figured I'd get your input on that, though - What do you suggest?

Despite this, the WiiMote is indeed functioning under Nuvee, which is endlessly exciting for fans of the PS2's light gun games. I want to thank you again for your dedication to Nuvee and my WiiMote/WiiMouse requests.
[Image: VdsVMGt.jpg]
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM
Quote:but it is finally working!

Thank Zod. -1 problems.

Great for you though!!

Quote:1) Floaty Cursor - With the WiiMote as a gamepad, the cursor floats around instead of being precise like a mouse. Even after adjusting Sensitivity settings in both Nuvee and WiiMouse, the cursor still acts like it's being commanded by a controller joystick instead of a pointer device. Is there a way to have Nuvee distinguish between the two?

Eh.

My understanding is this: you move the WiiMote and it keeps moving in that direction? As if you're always holding down an analog stick?

Are we talking about an auto-center snap? It takes time to snap back to center (zero motion)?

If it's either of the above, I'd suggest a GlovePIE script. Even after installing deadzones, I don't think this one can be managed effectively in nuvee for all universal joypads out there.

As an example using PPJoy with mouse (emulating joystick):
Code:
//move the joystick (RawInput feel)
ppjoy.analog0 = delta(MapRange(mouse.DirectInputX, 0,2048, -8,7))
ppjoy.analog1 = delta(MapRange(mouse.DirectInputY, 0,2048, -8,7))

When I move the mouse, it triggers an analog stick push. It then immediately snaps back center = stops like a mouse.

Code:
ppjoy.analog0 = MapRange(mouse.DirectInputX, 0,2048, -8,7)
ppjoy.analog1 = MapRange(mouse.DirectInputY, 0,2048, -8,7)

When I use this, I have to tape an 'X' on my mousepad to know where center is. Mouse now behaves more like a flight simulator than a pointer. Great for Jane's simulators.

Quote:2) Nunchuck as the D-Pad - In WiiMouse, I can set the joystick axis controls for the X and Y coordinates only. (That would make setting individual directions, like "Up = Keyboard Up" impossible.) Admittedly, I don't have a Nunchuck just yet, so I don't know if Nuvee can detect which Axis is the D-Pad. A worst-case scenario would be to connect a Classic Controller and set individual directions to its D-Pad. I figured I'd get your input on that, though - What do you suggest?

You'd have to use a GlovePIE script - too much work imo (see Lilypad).

And see this:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-p...iguration/

I've got another sandbox idea that I want to try out. Then we can go official r3. :yay:
hmm i have an interesting question :
Could the Eyetoy be implemented with this?

It would be good if we could use some webcam as an Eyetoy or at least fake it so we can play Eyetoy games, though i only have 1 game that uses Eyetoy and i couldn't play it even on PS2 because i have no Eyetoy.
i can not get this to register my keyboard for some reason. any ideas?

on a side note, register's my deathadder mouse just fine.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ6700 @ 2.66GHz -- 4GB RAM -- GeForce GTS 450 -- Azza Solano 1000R Gaming Tower -- Win7 x64 SP1 -- Westinghouse 32" TV
[Image: 16373199.png]
(10-22-2011, 08:23 PM)andutrache Wrote: hmm i have an interesting question :
Could the Eyetoy be implemented with this?

It would be good if we could use some webcam as an Eyetoy or at least fake it so we can play Eyetoy games, though i only have 1 game that uses Eyetoy and i couldn't play it even on PS2 because i have no Eyetoy.

Uhmm... we would need several things
- a USB probe of Eyetoy (ex. vendor id, product id, HID class, ..)
- figure out Eyetoy command list (likely to be USB communication to device)
- either fake webcam motion using mouse and / or learn how win32 webcam works

Not easy. But Guncon2 wasn't easy either. Smile

(edit: not sure who could pull off all 3 prereqs though. :o )

Quote:i can not get this to register my keyboard for some reason. any ideas?

Which pad plugin? And what USB device are you emulating?

Lilypad can interfere with nuvee (not send data). Please check
- (Lilypad) Keyboard API = DirectInput (not messaging or rawinput)
(10-22-2011, 05:03 PM)ShadowofDoubt Wrote: Awesome news - I can get the WiiMote working in Nuvee under WiiMouse's PPJoy mode. There are some slight issues, which I'll explain, but it is finally working!

Here are the problems with the setup:

1) Floaty Cursor - With the WiiMote as a gamepad, the cursor floats around instead of being precise like a mouse. Even after adjusting Sensitivity settings in both Nuvee and WiiMouse, the cursor still acts like it's being commanded by a controller joystick instead of a pointer device. Is there a way to have Nuvee distinguish between the two?

2) Nunchuck as the D-Pad - In WiiMouse, I can set the joystick axis controls for the X and Y coordinates only. (That would make setting individual directions, like "Up = Keyboard Up" impossible.) Admittedly, I don't have a Nunchuck just yet, so I don't know if Nuvee can detect which Axis is the D-Pad. A worst-case scenario would be to connect a Classic Controller and set individual directions to its D-Pad. I figured I'd get your input on that, though - What do you suggest?

Despite this, the WiiMote is indeed functioning under Nuvee, which is endlessly exciting for fans of the PS2's light gun games. I want to thank you again for your dedication to Nuvee and my WiiMote/WiiMouse requests.

How can I get this working exactly? I've been trying to figure this out. I too am very, very excited to finally get some wiimote support for my rail shooters. Hope that continues to get refined and improved - much needed thing for the emu.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit