Poll: Which GPU??
Nvidia
ATI
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT on DX9 & DX10
Information 
Just to ask,how much of a speedup would i get if i use DirectX10(Win7)
cuz for now im on DirectX9(XP)
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!

Sponsored links

i also want to know which is best win7 directx 10 or win xp directx 9

as per my thinking...directx 10 increase visual graphics...and we all know that more the graphics more compatibility but less the speed..... speed may decrease a bit
Win7 only have DirectX 11, but if the gfx card only supports DirectX 9 or 10 then Win7 will only use whatever your gfx card supports.
You can say DX11 has both DX9 and 10, plus some more functions (like tessellation) that DX9 and 10 don't have.

As for speed, DX11 is faster than DX10 and has better looking gfx compared to DX10.
But it is true that DX10 is around the same or slower than DX9 with not much improved gfx.

IIRC, DX11 is still faster than DX9, but CMIIW.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz (OC@2.8GHz)
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
whoooo!!!! thanks man....it helped me a lot......but directx 10 and directx 11 both are at equal position.......directx10 still competing with directx11........

IF i want a new wnidow, then which is best

vista or windows 7??
(04-11-2010, 06:29 PM)samrat4u Wrote: vista or windows 7??

Is this a trick question?

Seriously, though, go Windows 7.
i asked this question becoz windows vista is more compatible than window 7 and windows 7 have latest directx11 which is not trusted by me.....well thanx for ur replyy
(04-11-2010, 07:46 PM)samrat4u Wrote: i asked this question becoz windows vista is more compatible than window 7

Meh, compatibility is about the same. Besides, Windows 7 uses a lot of the same drivers as Vista. If your aim is compatibility, though, might want to stick with Windows 7 32-bit for now. Not everything works perfectly/easily with 64-bit just yet. DirectX 11 is backwards compatible with DirectX 9 and 10.
I agree with u but compatibility factor is becoz some vista drivers are not similar to windows 7.......and windows 7 shows less compatibility than vista becoz windows 7 is new and arent tested correctly...i have window 7 in my laptop and i compared with vista....

modren windows 7 arent playing many games and softwares becoz of diffrent drivers . windows 7 having problems and complaints for running some graphic cards......some video cards are not properly supotted by windows 7

thats why windows 7 seems to have less compatible as compared to vista
No, in general, Windows 7 is still a more viable option and has more driver support because hardware manufacturers don't have to change much of their driver codes from their Vista drivers.

Laptops, however, is entirely dependent on its manufacturers.
i.e. if ASUS or Lenovo doesn't update the manufacturer-specific software (like volume or brightness control) for use in Win7, then don't update to Win7, especially if your laptop's original OS is WinXP.

But for a desktop PC, Win7 is generally recommended.
You won't have troubles finding the drivers for your components, and most of the time the Vista drivers work well with Win7.

So, no, don't compare your laptop's compatibility problems on Win7 with a desktop.
And FYI, Win7 is FAR MORE tested than Vista; it's a fact.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz (OC@2.8GHz)
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
For what I tested, the DX10 is faster than the DX9. And the win7 is a lot better than vista. So far, all things that are compatible with vista, are compatible with win7. WinXP is more compatible, and is faster than vista, but win7 is faster than XP.

Why you put ATI or Nvidia in the poll? If you ask about windows and directx.
Athlon x2 240 2.8 GHz / HD5670 512MB / 2 GB RAM DDR2-800 / Windows 7 x64

"Pardoning the bad is injuring the good."