OBS and PCSX2
I've been trying to stream some footage with OBS, unfortunately since the title of the game window keeps changing, OBS can't really find the game to stream.

I've tried using a program to change the name of the window to something fixed, but unfortunately it just resets. I also tried switching from GSDX to one of the other plugins, but while they can be streamed, they don't really seem to work properly.

I've seen people that fixed this by using the hotkey game capture in OBS, however that does't seem to work for me.

Is there any way I can make this work without resulting to monitor capture?

Maybe a revision of PCSX2 that doesn't have the changing titlebar?

Sponsored links

You'll have to redo the game window every time you want, so it's updated properly
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Did you Try the latest git build from orphis build bot ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-11-2015, 07:43 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You'll have to redo the game window every time you want, so it's updated properly
Not sure I understand what you mean

(04-11-2015, 07:43 PM)ssakash Wrote: Did you Try the latest git build from orphis build bot ?
I did, just a black screen in window capture and absolutely nothing in game capture.
(04-11-2015, 07:43 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You'll have to redo the game window every time you want, so it's updated properly

^This.

I've used OBS before, and the old settings don't stick to the render window. You basically have to run the game and -then- apply the OBS settings to get it to show up instead of a black screen.

@ssakash: Has nothing to do with PCSX2. It's an OBS limitation.

There's really nothing else to do about it aside from just re-selecting the pcsx2 window every time you want to stream.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-11-2015, 08:10 PM)Ryudo Wrote: ^This.

I've used OBS before, and the old settings don't stick to the render window. You basically have to run the game and -then- apply the OBS settings to get it to show up instead of a black screen.

@ssakash: Has nothing to do with PCSX2. It's an OBS limitation.

There's really nothing else to do about it aside from just re-selecting the pcsx2 window every time you want to stream.

What do you mean apply the the OBS settings?
I tried running the game and then opening OBS and setting up the capture
(04-11-2015, 08:20 PM)guru8bit Wrote: What do you mean apply the the OBS settings?
I tried running the game and then opening OBS and setting up the capture

Here's how I have it set up:

You just have to make sure it's getting the correct rendering window.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-11-2015, 08:47 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Here's how I have it set up:

You just have to make sure it's getting the correct rendering window.

That's what I was doing and it wasn't working.

Turns out the problem was much more simple than I was making it, basically OBS and PCSX2 were running on different GPUs, and apparently changing the hardware from the plugin settings isn't the same as going into the Nvidia control panel and choosing the default hardware from there.

Once I selected the same GPU for both programs, the video showed up.
I'd heavily recommend GAME CAPTURE > Window Capture. Just set it to use a hotkey and never set it up again, really. Open game -> press hotkey -> stream.

Then you can just use that for every game outside PCSX2 you decide to stream
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.0 GHz | MSI GTX 970 4GB GAMING (+142 core/+150 mem) | 8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | Windows 8.1 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 14.10 + Debian x64 (VMs)
What I've read is that OBS reads the title of the program's window, since the FPS is in the title which changes on the fly, is the reason why OBS can't read the window, since it won't work with a game window instead of record/stream window screen, you really need to find a different way of recording PCSX2.