OBS and PCSX2
Sorry if this issue's been mentioned before in this forum, but I haven't been able to find a straight answer.

I've been trying to set up a game stream using PCSX2 and OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), but I run into a problem when trying to capture the game window. Every time I select the GSDX window in OBS's window capture settings and hit "OK", the stream preview shows a blank screen. When I go back to the settings, the captured window has been changed to something else. After quite a bit of frustration, I think I've found the problem.

OBS identifies windows by their header text. Unfortunately, the GSDX window header shows changing information, such as frame rate. I don't think there's a way to disable this changing text, and I've tried switching to Game Capture and using a hotkey to identify the window. Has a solution to this problem been found?

As for my specs, here's a brief rundown:

Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7
nVidia GeForce GT 755M (2GB)
8GB RAM

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored links

(06-16-2014, 05:23 AM)riffraff11235 Wrote: OBS identifies windows by their header text.

Well probably not much you can do against this other than trying to change a setting in OBS (if it exists).

What happens in full screen?

I think somebody else in the forum had a problem with capturing because the software selected the log-window. This will probably not solve your problem but what happens if you hide the log-window?

Why don't you use the internal recorder? It will actually fix oscillating / too slow framerates as well.
(06-16-2014, 05:23 AM)riffraff11235 Wrote: Sorry if this issue's been mentioned before in this forum, but I haven't been able to find a straight answer.

I've been trying to set up a game stream using PCSX2 and OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), but I run into a problem when trying to capture the game window. Every time I select the GSDX window in OBS's window capture settings and hit "OK", the stream preview shows a blank screen. When I go back to the settings, the captured window has been changed to something else. After quite a bit of frustration, I think I've found the problem.

OBS identifies windows by their header text. Unfortunately, the GSDX window header shows changing information, such as frame rate. I don't think there's a way to disable this changing text, and I've tried switching to Game Capture and using a hotkey to identify the window. Has a solution to this problem been found?

As for my specs, here's a brief rundown:

Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7
nVidia GeForce GT 755M (2GB)
8GB RAM

Thanks for your time.

You can use Shadowplay for capture or streaming (i use only capture and was pretty good.).. With the last upgrade of Nvidia Geforce Experience you can capture game and desktop too so can capture easily the program pcsx2 Smile you can switch PCSx2 to fullscreen and recording all the action Smile
The problem lies indeed in the changing FPS in the title, since OBS uses the Header title to recognize the window, but since the FPS counter changes realtime it can't pinpoint the exact name hence it doesn't work. There is another post about this and someone said that the newer GSDX versions are having this issue, while reverting back to an older one can fix it, but that person didn't say which version.
Is the titlebar updated in fullscreen? Is there even a titlebar in fullscreen?
there isn't one, but OBS still looks at the titlebar, even if you can't see it, the fullscreen still has a title, same with i.g. a windows game which is fullscreen, it recognizes the name of the game/program thanks to the title of the header.
I had no issue streaming DArk Cloud via OBS before. Try using monitor capture if you have to. With my 16:10 resolution screen I stream games in windowed mode with OBS set to capture a set resolution and just maxamize the window and it normally works for me. I think I had PCSX2 catpured via window capture and had no issue with it. Even with the changing FPS since it never stays at a steady 59.94 and bounces around constantly.
Can't you choose a name like "GSdx*" which should keep finding the window as long as you only have one GSdx window?

Also, I suggest filing a bug report or feature request to OBS, telling them that their system is not working with windows which change title, while suggesting that they:

1. Add wildcards support (like GSdx*).
2. Find the window ID once and stick to it regardless of the title.

PCSX2 is not the only application which changes the title during its run, so it could be useful for OBS to support such applications as well.
(06-16-2014, 01:17 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: there isn't one, but OBS still looks at the titlebar, even if you can't see it, the fullscreen still has a title, same with i.g. a windows game which is fullscreen, it recognizes the name of the game/program thanks to the title of the header.

My question was more like: is the titlebar still updated in fullscreen mode (since it is pointless)?
(06-16-2014, 11:16 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: You can use Shadowplay for capture or streaming (i use only capture and was pretty good.).. With the last upgrade of Nvidia Geforce Experience you can capture game and desktop too so can capture easily the program pcsx2 Smile you can switch PCSx2 to fullscreen and recording all the action Smile

THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME TO UPDATE DRIVERS!!
I have GeForce experience updated, but not my drivers.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]