OBS and PCSX2
Interesting. Seems like some of you have gotten PCSX2 and OBS to cooperate before. If you're one of them, would you mind maybe posting relative settings, specs or procedures? It could simply be something I'm doing wrong.

Sponsored links

Again, why not just use shadowplay.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
For those of us that lack shadowplay, you can use the 32bit version of OBS

If you want to use the 64buit version, you will have to use the hotkey mode in game-capture (and make sure the hotkey doesn't conflict with anything, the default key (F12) is also used for GSDX's record button)
Ok after relooking at my OBS I am using 32bit with it as an administrator and Game Capture mode set to the GSDX window after starting a game. I get no blank output when I do it that way. Had no issue streaming Dark Cloud 1 like this.
(06-17-2014, 03:02 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Again, why not just use shadowplay.

Shadowplay is just for capturing. OBS is for streaming.
(06-17-2014, 04:29 AM)riffraff11235 Wrote: Shadowplay is just for capturing. OBS is for streaming.

There is a twitch streaming option in shadowplay. I've used it, though my upload speed is complete garbage.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I am about to start streaming Dark Cloud 2 on twtich via PCSX2 here in a moment if anyone wants to hop on and take a look. Same user name on here
Just thought I would mention that, after putting hours of research into this, including experimenting with changing the source code and compiling custom builds of PCSX2, I learned that all you have to do is open PCSX2_ui.ini and change the line TitleTemplate to not include any information that will fluctuate (I simply commented out the existing line and added the new line "TitleTemplate=[name of game I'm playing]"). OBS has no problem locking onto the window after this.

It would be nice if this had been documented anywhere on the Web.... OBS in Linux cannot do an OpenGL capture, so window capture is the only way to record just the game footage.
I was gonna say this is a 2 year old thread, but that's really useful.
#StopRNG
Biggrin  Granted, it's more useful in Linux than Windows, at least as far as I can tell (since OBS lacks OGL capture, and also Shadowplay is not available).  The main reason I posted here was that this thread is coming up at the top of Google search results about the problem.

P.S.: It's worth noting that the TitleTemplate feature was only added in PCSX2's source in Oct. 2015, after the last post that had been made here, so it's not surprising that posters at the time were unable to find a solution to the changing window title problem.