Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OC problem..
Here my problem

I OC my i7 920 to 3.8 mhz, and according to CPU-Z my cpu speed is exactly that 3.8 mhz with a 21 multiplier, today while i was try the new svn ( on my normal pcsx2 i play my games with the console window is turned off), i noticed that the pcs2 program say my cpu mhz is only 3.6 mhz, and after checking, it say the same for my normal pcsx2 version too, wich is wierd, what is the problem? how pcsx2 say i have 200 less mhz when i have in reality 200 more?

Any help?

Sponsored links

I think that's completely normal, pcsx2 log doesn't show changed values. I keep my cpu underclocked alot and even if it's not it's never at full speed by just turning pcsx2 without any game;P while log shows it's native speed all the time.

Don't bother much with it, pcsx2 using what you feed it with and the info is only helpfull when you have no idea what you have(yeah that's actually common) and ask for support.
do 200x19 instead.
eh you guys say the opposite ... i want know.. is just a display bug and dont matter at all becouse pcxs2 will use my cpu as if is oc to 3.8 even if say 3.6

or it just dont read 1 multiplier and then i should follow lion suggestion and lower it by 1 or 2 and increase the mhz?

Anyway.. 200 mhz can improve the pcsx2 in a noticable way or the gain is really small?

Need advices! thank you Blush
If the bios, and cpuz both show 3.8, then it's 3.8..

(02-04-2012, 01:49 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: do 200x19 instead.

If he uses that, he's goin to have to re-adjust anything working off the ref clock, and he doesn't exaclty sound like he knows what he's doing tbf, better to just stick to core multi imo Tongue
(02-04-2012, 03:14 AM)Asmodean Wrote: If the bios, and cpuz both show 3.8, then it's 3.8..

If he uses that, he's goin to have to re-adjust anything working off the ref clock, and he doesn't exaclty sound like he knows what he's doing tbf, better to just stick to core multi imo Tongue

a common fact is that 920's are not stable at even multipliers and the turbo is not reliable.
I would leave it stock you will only notice a few fps more (if you de-limit the fps) but other wise you should get 60fps in most games at stock speed,
you shouldn't mess with oc-ing unless you know what you're doing since it can easily damage the cpu or other components.

but if you do then you should always test with a program like intelburntest or prime95 to make sure its fully stable.

(btw pcsx2 will show the speed without turbo, use cpu-z for a more accurate reading)
Intel Core I7 930@3.5GHz(TB, HT), 6GB DDR3@1600MHz, Geforce 970 G1
IBT is the last thing you should use to test for stability, prime95 and linx first.
Linx and Intelburntest both use Linpack the stress from either program should be similar - all of them a good tools to check stability though,
Don't forget to keep an eye on your temps and voltage if you don't have water cooling then the cpu might hit the tjmax temps (usually around 96C) , causing them to slow down abit, if you see these temps then I wouldn't run the tests for more then an hour.
Intel Core I7 930@3.5GHz(TB, HT), 6GB DDR3@1600MHz, Geforce 970 G1