Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OPENGL drivers support for PCSX2
gregory is making a lot of progress recently... Maybe you don't even need to wait one year =D

Sponsored links

I'll look forward to it Smile I was betting that all the slowdowns were due to limited hardware acceleration... I suppose you can still argue about the gaps:

Code:
INFO: GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_clear_texture is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_buffer_storage is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_subroutine is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_texture_storage is supported
INFO: GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack is supported
INFO: GL_ARB_multi_bind is not supported
INFO: GL_ARB_bindless_texture is not supported
INFO: GL_NV_depth_buffer_float is not supported

I guess those are OpenGL4 calls.

Played a bit of Gitaroo Man for the first time in a decade. Framerate needs to be steady 50 or 60fps to play it right, but it was pretty cool anyway.
(05-24-2014, 12:43 AM)PastGamer Wrote: Once I sorted that out, I was able to run pcsx normally after some SPU2X configuration Smile I would like to donate £20 to you - do you have a Paypal address? Thanks for all your help - running this in the host OS is definitely an improvement.
I'm glad it is running now. I personally don't have paypal but you can give a donation to the project. Your generosity is deeply appreciated.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/donate.php

(05-24-2014, 12:43 AM)PastGamer Wrote: I'm very disappointed that even with OpenGL3.3, pcsx2 release build still fails to run GTA3 at normal framerate, and when smoke is on the screen, can easily get down to 25fps. In Final Fantasy X, Shiva's summon when she descends into the ice crystal slows down considerably too - I guess I'll need to wait another year or so to see if things have sped up enough to consider it a PlayStation 2 replacement (both pcsx2 and radeon improvements presumably).
Well nvidia driver is much more faster than Amd (catalyst) driver. Catalyst is faster than Radeon. Worst radeon is often CPU limited in Phoronix benchmark. My opengl is far from perfect but I can't do anythings for driver.

Quote:gregory is making a lot of progress recently... Maybe you don't even need to wait one year =D
Well gregory is working on others interesting topic at the moment. And Gregory doesn't have any free time recently due to a crazy hardware project at work Tongue2
Donation made, although it really ought to go direct to you.

OK, I have been following Phoronix for a while now and the appearance is that radeon is supposed to almost be as fast as Catalyst for r600g - which then begs the question of how much faster NVIDIA's proprietary code is. I'll look out for comparisons in the future - this machine is a practical libre setup, so I'll never be running proprietary graphics drivers here.

Just out of interest, are you able to play GTA3 at full speed driving a beat up car smoking black smoke at the front?
(05-24-2014, 11:38 AM)PastGamer Wrote: Donation made, although it really ought to go direct to you.
Thanks you very much.

(05-24-2014, 11:38 AM)PastGamer Wrote: OK, I have been following Phoronix for a while now and the appearance is that radeon is supposed to almost be as fast as Catalyst for r600g - which then begs the question of how much faster NVIDIA's proprietary code is. I'll look out for comparisons in the future - this machine is a practical libre setup, so I'll never be running proprietary graphics drivers here.

Just out of interest, are you able to play GTA3 at full speed driving a beat up car smoking black smoke at the front?
Hum I didn't check recent benchmark. Be aware that you need to measure the CPU perf of the driver, not GPU jobs. PCSX2 barely used the GPU actually (except if you set a massive internal resolutions). When I switched from an hd5770 to a GTX760, I got a 10-15 fps increase on colin mcrae 3 ! And I think it is only related to the CPU driver overhead. I'm sure you have a local friend to do some tests Smile