Oculus Rift ( VR ) Support?
I for one can't think why the hell someone wants a facehugger on their face, this device won't deliver anything extra for home use, that the military is using that's fine, but all this fuss and hype about a device that's too overpriced and isn't even the finished product.

Sponsored links

(08-25-2014, 06:02 AM)markyrocks69 Wrote: I don't know what you mean by that but from what I can tell pj64 is for all intents and purposes perfect. If the developers there called it quites I can't blame them. What's the point of trying to improve on a program that is basically perfect.

Lol..PJ64 'perfect'.

It doesn't run a single N64 game without bugs...not one.
System:

Fractal Meshify C Dark Tint
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
Intel i9 9900K (5Ghz 1.335vlts)
BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 DDR4
EVGA RTX 2080
512Gb Gigabyte NVMe SSD (Boot Drive)
1Tb Crucial NVMe SSD (Games)
2Tb Seagate HD (Steam)
3Tb Seagate HD (Media)
6Tb Seagate HD (Backup, External)
Corsair 850w RMX Gold PSU
Adding Oculus Rift support is not as complicated as you might think, if you have the right things:

1. Proper 3D support
2. ability to move the camera free and independend from the game.

Dolphin already had this features for some time now so the hardest part was to bind the free camera controls to the Rift motion sensors to make it work.
PCSX2 on the other hand has none of these features and because the GS Chip of the PS2 works very differently than the GC/Wii some of these things might actually be impossible.

I dont know if its the way of how GSdx renders graphics or if its just how the PS2 was designed but "real" 3D support is not possible and may never be.

So yeah Oculus Rift for PCSX2 is very hard to do and comparing it to Dolphin is absolute nonsense as the real hardware (PS2 vs GC/Wii) is already very different and things that can be fairly easy done on one platform are very complicated to almost imposible on another.
(08-25-2014, 10:58 AM)ThEoUtCaSt Wrote: Lol..PJ64 'perfect'.

Well it may not be perfect. I was pretty drunk when I wrote that.
(08-25-2014, 09:54 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: I for one can't think why the hell someone wants a facehugger on their face, this device won't deliver anything extra for home use, that the military is using that's fine, but all this fuss and hype about a device that's too overpriced and isn't even the finished product.
I can see why some people might want it, and from what I've read/hear/seen it works really well. However, this just seems like one of those niche products (whenever it is out of alpha/beta/whatever) that ends up on a shelf in your closet, and doesn't get any use except on a rainy day.

Currently it costs $350, and that's just too much for what it is, and it's current state. If they can get it down to $150, or $200 when it goes public (like in stores) then I'll probably grab one.

(08-25-2014, 10:58 AM)ThEoUtCaSt Wrote: Lol..PJ64 'perfect'.

It's still an ok emulator, but as far as I know it's pretty much dead. 1964 looked somewhat promising a while ago, but I don't see anything from them past 2012 unless I'm looking at the wrong sites.
I don't really see this as a good thing to use time on given there are so many bugs in emulation that could be fixed with that time instead. It's a "sexy" issue but not a practical one.