Official thank you thread
Cross posting from neogaf about my impressions of the new stable version on my budget laptop.

And also, thank you to the staff for this awesome emulator.

Quote:Ok .. so after testing both the latest stable (1.4) and the latest dev build from the build bot page .. i'm extremely surprised that i'm getting consistently higher performance on my moderate-ass laptop (i5/5200u/2GB intel HD 5500) on the 1.4 build.

Before this I would always get higher frame rates on the latest build bot version and I always assumed it was the rule of thumb that the latest dev build incorporates all the improvements/changes.

Persona 4 runs at 125~% performance with limiter off at 2X native resolution now and if I reduce it to something lower, but completely serviceable, like 960x720, it goes upto 145% with FXAA.

Also very surprised how nice 960x720p or even 800x600 can look like with FXAA Enabled on a monitor sized display. I'm impressed how the performance increases on my ***** laptop with each revision.

edit: hot dang ... persona 4 is going 200~220% during the dungeon crawling and less intensive scenes like S link conversations. Nice. Dragon Quest 8 was always a ***** fest when I tried it last year, hopefully that runs at above playable speeds at higher resolutions for me now too, wouldn't mind the extra speed during the dungeon slogs either.

Sponsored links

Thanks to all the PCSX2 team!! no, that aint gonna do it... Hold on.
[Image: thanks-you.jpg]
Thats better.
Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
Heart 
I'm new. This is my first posting. I was having a problem with the emulator. Everything was running too fast. The framelimiter was disabled! But I did some searches on here and figured it out. Thanks you for your awesome product and for this great forum where we can get support!!  Biggrin
I just wanted to thank everyone who worked on the program and made it possible.  I love using it and think it is great.  I also wanted to ask if there is any plans for making a front end game menu? Kinda like the one on the Android version of PLAY! (Which showing a menu is all it seems to do)  Or if someone has already made one and I just haven't heard.  Either way keep up the great work guys.
Thanks to all the coders and devs for this incredible emulator! I'm looking forward to the next improvements! Biggrin
Thank you so much for such an amazing emulator. I've been using emulators since NESTICLE came out back in the day and so far this one is my favorite in terms of not only accurately emulating my PS2, but IMPROVING the experiences. I'm actually playing through my old games that I just ripped and nostalgia is making my heart flutter. Thanks a million!
I nearly forgot i will thank you all the people who work on this project :
for your hard work and for make all of this.
the game editors its amazing how it´s possible so many work....!!!!
the makers of the pcsx2 i don´t have enought words !!!
me i only i can learn a little  it´s a big help for me
Smile
i7 3ghz , 16gb, Nvidia gtx 950,Windows 8.1 . 5maestro
THANK YOU VERY TO PCSX2 FOR EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!

okey... i let that one out, i really mean it
Thanks For all The Hard work you have put into this project...I am proud to say that I ha a well underpowered cpu and can say that I enjoy pcsx2 with at least 40-60 fps in native resolution/default settings. That shows How much heart you have put into this emulator. It's very exciting to see how every build contribute greatly to the PCSX2 Evolution. Keep up the good work.

My Specs:
OS- Windows 10 x64
Chipset- AMD APU A8-7410 with Radeon R5 integrated Graphics
CPU- 2.2GHz-2.5GHz(turbo) Quad Core
RAM: 6Gb DDR3 @1600
Storage- 1 Tb internal HDD, 1 Tb external HDD (games are stored in internal HD)

*PS: I know that my CPU doesn't even meet min. req. for PCSX2, but that shows how far this Emu. has gone. It has become more compatible and efficient. And most important, a lot faster.Keep it up

Thanks For all The Hard work you have put into this project...I am proud to say that I ha a well underpowered cpu and can say that I enjoy pcsx2 with at least 40-60 fps in native resolution/default settings. That shows How much heart you have put into this emulator. It's very exciting to see how every build contribute greatly to the PCSX2 Evolution. Keep up the good work.

My Specs:
OS- Windows 10 x64
Chipset- AMD APU A8-7410 with Radeon R5 integrated Graphics
CPU- 2.2GHz-2.5GHz(turbo) Quad Core
RAM: 6Gb DDR3 @1600
Storage- 1 Tb internal HDD, 1 Tb external HDD (games are stored in internal HD)

*PS: I know that my CPU doesn't even meet min. req. for PCSX2, but that shows how far this Emu. has gone. It has become more compatible and efficient. And most important, a lot faster. Keep it up
Thanks a lot to the team for the good work Smile
Here in France we have a strong community playing through PCSX2.
Keep going on with the good job !