Oh god, 10 hours play! Gone! (Help with savestates)
I personally use all ten slots just for safety reasons, since you never know when one may get corrupted and/or become incompatible in a new beta release. It's also very advantageous to use memory cards, but again, that too can have issues. Compress the saves frequently to a .zip file if you so choose.

Sponsored links

(09-09-2009, 01:55 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: rama: 10 states total, 9 other states to save to.

lies! rama modifies his build and purposely limits himself to 9 states total for the challenge Ninja Biggrin
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Save states have never worked for me, with the exception of the auto-state created when you exit out of the game and then attempt to restore it. I've only used memcards, with absolutely no problem.

Just always have a copy of your memcards handy. Always.
(09-08-2009, 12:55 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: Really bad idea to use a single savestate slot, too.
true, that's why i was using 3 or 4... but the annoying thing is, none of them would get past that point... on the other hand, when memcards were fixed finally, i was able to save and then play to completion from that save state so all's well that ends well... hum... speaking of Ar Tonelico 2... i should dig out my disk and make an iso... i feel like replaying... Tongue
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
(09-08-2009, 11:48 PM)rama Wrote: Well, as Chicken said: You have 9 slots to save to. Why only use one? Tongue2

I assume the savestates would be fairly large, and though my other hardware is formidable, my 8 year old HDD isn't as such.